PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Storm vs. Dunlop Aerogel 300

BjornBorg
07-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Could a few guys comment on the differences between these two frames?

Both are 98 sq. inches and almost identical static weights. The Aerogel 300 has the 21.5 mm beam vs the Storm's 21 mm beam. They both have similar swingweights and balances.

I've heard Babolat's Pure Storm is slightly better in overall quality. Is this true? What are some things one differs from the other on? Thanks.

Tennisguy777
07-25-2008, 05:57 PM
I think this has been discussed in another thread! You really can't go wrong with either. Great sticks to develop game on. On the AG300 demo it, don't believe the hype that lead tape is needed. It plays fine and has taken me from 3.5 to 4.5 NTRP in just 3 months of casual play doubles / singles 2-3 times a week 2hrs per day.

If you have issues with control string tight like me 65#. The only advantages I see of the pure storm is the woofer technology if you liked it from other Babolats and also the BAB PS has 16 x 20 pattern v.s. 16 x 19 for the AG300 possibly teeny teeny bit more control. Adding lead tape kinda diminishes the character of the AG300 which is to be solid but light, spiny but control oriented.

Also the pure storm is slightly a little more solid feeling than the AG300 my buddy has 1 it all comes down to preference, GO DEMO!!!! And be sure to inform me on your decision.
Also you can check the customer feed backs of both sticks here. G@@D LUCK!!

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback.html?pcode=BPSTRM

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback.html?pcode=DAG300

B-rian
07-25-2008, 09:02 PM
I have tried the AG300 and I play with the Pure Storm but I can't recall how the AG300 felt but I remember that the AG300 was ever so slightly heavier than the Pure Storm but you really wouldn't notice the difference but over all I prefer the Pure Storm for the perfect combo of power, control, and spin I can produce (for me that is). I suggest you demo them both and see which one you like more.

martin
07-26-2008, 03:31 AM
Cannot speak for the new storm but i can compare the old storm with the ag300. I liked the ag300 much better but only when it's modified. It becomes a completely different racket with some lead tape. I'm tired of changing rackets and the difference with my m-fil300 is hardly noticable that's why i kept my m-fil300 but still i would like to know what the difference is between the new storm and the AG300.