PDA

View Full Version : becker pro question

ituleb
07-25-2008, 09:16 PM
hit with the becker pro and loved it. felt great, solid, maneuverable...i could really plow through shots happily and it just felt stable and right. surprisingly comfortable given its stiffness (granted i only played with it for 2.5 hours).

my only complaint was that it was a little too powerful for me. if i could tone down the power just a little, i think it would be an excellent frame for me. i know this is a lame example, but on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being very powerful, id say the becker pro was a 6 or 7, and im looking for more of a 4-5.

so - a question. is the becker 11 light similar in play/feel just slightly less powered than the pro? or would a better option be to get a pro and string it on the higher end (recommended tension 50-60, so maybe 57-59 region) to calm the power down a little. i dont want to go to the 12oz becker 11 standard...im not a fan of frames that heavy. i just need to tame the power down of the pro to really be content with it.

just a quick FYI - im a 3.5-4.0 player, mainly hit away from the baseline but am really learning to love the net also. i hit really flat, so control is of the essence since obviously too much power will send the ball flying. one handed backhand that can be a little weak at times so forgiveness is key...pretty strong forehand and pretty good volleys.

any/all advice would be greatly appreciated. dont know much about 'becker' frames - any pros/cons from anyone about the brand (long term reliability, quality control, etc.)?

jayserinos99
07-25-2008, 09:25 PM
I haven't played with the BB11light but I have played with the Becker Pro. I think you could go with a more control oriented string or slightly tighter tension; what string was in the racquet you hit with?

As for the Becker QC, I had the Becker Pro and right now BB11 mids. I'm selling them off because they're not quite my cup of tea, but they do make fine sticks.

NoBadMojo
07-26-2008, 06:11 AM
hit with the becker pro and loved it. felt great, solid, maneuverable...i could really plow through shots happily and it just felt stable and right. surprisingly comfortable given its stiffness (granted i only played with it for 2.5 hours).

my only complaint was that it was a little too powerful for me. if i could tone down the power just a little, i think it would be an excellent frame for me. i know this is a lame example, but on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being very powerful, id say the becker pro was a 6 or 7, and im looking for more of a 4-5.

so - a question. is the becker 11 light similar in play/feel just slightly less powered than the pro? or would a better option be to get a pro and string it on the higher end (recommended tension 50-60, so maybe 57-59 region) to calm the power down a little. i dont want to go to the 12oz becker 11 standard...im not a fan of frames that heavy. i just need to tame the power down of the pro to really be content with it.

just a quick FYI - im a 3.5-4.0 player, mainly hit away from the baseline but am really learning to love the net also. i hit really flat, so control is of the essence since obviously too much power will send the ball flying. one handed backhand that can be a little weak at times so forgiveness is key...pretty strong forehand and pretty good volleys.

any/all advice would be greatly appreciated. dont know much about 'becker' frames - any pros/cons from anyone about the brand (long term reliability, quality control, etc.)?

Just fine tune the string and tension and you should be fine or use the new found power to ramp up your game by learning to control it with more spin

The Becker11Light is significantly lower powered