PDA

View Full Version : Liquidmetal Radical MP vs. Liquidmetal Instinct standard?

dantespark33
07-26-2008, 08:01 AM
Was deciding on a new racket to try out, and cannot decide between the instinct standard or the radical MP
yes i have searched and both have good reviews from TW users
and both are cost efficient
which makes it harder to choose which one
suggestions?

meowmix
07-26-2008, 09:17 AM
I say the LM Instinct. I prefered it a little more than the rad, but they're fairly close. I think I generated a little extra spin from the instinct.

Syfo-Dias
07-26-2008, 09:24 AM
The only Instinct worth getting is the LM Instinct made in Austria.

bertrevert
07-27-2008, 06:32 PM
What's your game? I mean how do you like to play...

dantespark33
07-28-2008, 08:31 AM
my game:
Play mostly behind the baseline
Big forehand and big serve
1 handed backhand
only come to net when playing soft hitters

hmm, can't get an austria one, was gonna order off tw with some other stuff

babolat141
07-28-2008, 08:33 AM
I'd go with the radiacal its a very versitile racket

goober
07-28-2008, 08:48 AM
my game:
Play mostly behind the baseline
Big forehand and big serve
1 handed backhand
only come to net when playing soft hitters

hmm, can't get an austria one, was gonna order off tw with some other stuff

you can't go wrong with either one IMO, but

Instinct is more of a baseliners racquet while the radical is more of an allcourt racquet. Instinct is somewhat like the PD and has more power but less feel and control thatn the radical.

dantespark33
07-28-2008, 09:01 AM
i think i can sacrifice power for control, i think i should be able to generate enough power, and i play horrible with the PD so instinct may not be for me

0d1n
07-29-2008, 01:34 AM
i think i can sacrifice power for control, i think i should be able to generate enough power, and i play horrible with the PD so instinct may not be for me

The instinct is not as "jumpy" as the PD. It has a much more linear power level.
It's more flexible and it has 18 mains instead of 16. The instinct was a VERY nice surprise for me because I don't like "that kind of racket" generally, but the Instinct (LM) had a very nice balance between power, control and comfort.
I think the Radical is a very good racket also ... so you can't really go wrong with either one.

bertrevert
07-29-2008, 02:46 AM
Yes to what Goober and Od1n said above - that's accurate.

THe LM Instinct loved and still used by a powerful baseliner at my club. Best of all Instinct versions apparently.

The Rad is a good platform for lead modification as stock it is a bit light, but is far more versatile all over the court.

NOthing wrong with these, but "feel/flex" was noticeably different from Austrian to China one (I had one of each), can't be helped now, nothing wrong with China.

0d1n
07-29-2008, 05:00 AM
Yes to what Goober and Od1n said above - that's accurate.

THe LM Instinct loved and still used by a powerful baseliner at my club. Best of all Instinct versions apparently.

The Rad is a good platform for lead modification as stock it is a bit light, but is far more versatile all over the court.

NOthing wrong with these, but "feel/flex" was noticeably different from Austrian to China one (I had one of each), can't be helped now, nothing wrong with China.

Come to think of it I think I tested an Austrian Instinct, but owned 2 Chinese Radicals ...
Maybe this (or my fuzzy memory) is the reason why I actually favored the Instinct "feel" even though I would expect to like a "radical type" better.
Oh well...doesn't really matter now :P