PDA

View Full Version : Which syn gut or multi last longer in rain/wet conditions?

deme08
07-26-2008, 08:03 AM
I just broke the strings on two of my racquets within an hours! It was drizilling and the balls were soaked so they were heavy and low bouncing! Kind of fun to play in these conditions except killed those strings. PSGD 17 in POG mid and Wilson sensation 16 in RDS001 mid. I played with both racquets interchangeably for two month before they died on me the same hour!

So what syn gut or multi strings would last longer in those rainy heavy conditions?

deme08
07-26-2008, 09:39 PM
Suggestions?

aussie
07-26-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm guessing a 15 gauge string (1.35mm) is your best bet. The tournament nylons eg Prince Tournament nylon, Wilson Ultra sun gut should handle the heavier ballsand conditions well.

deme08
07-27-2008, 11:26 AM
I'm guessing a 15 gauge string (1.35mm) is your best bet. The tournament nylons eg Prince Tournament nylon, Wilson Ultra sun gut should handle the heavier ballsand conditions well.

Thanks for the reply. I almost always use 16 gauge or thinner. Are there any durable 16 gauge syn gut or multi strings can you think of?

Iguodala
07-27-2008, 12:35 PM
Head RIP Control 16g, you should try it, it's supposed to have great durability for a multi, and pretty nice feel and playability too. Best of all, it's ONLY 7 bucks! So even if you don't like it, you didn't blow $20 for nothing.

deme08
07-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Very cheap for a multi. I will try it for sure.

Any other suggestions?

deme08
07-29-2008, 08:53 AM
Suggestions? ANyone?

2nd_Serve
07-29-2008, 11:35 AM
You must be desperate haha. Like it says up there, use Head Rip Control. NRG's a lot more durable than it's competition multi's. But not as durable as Head Rip Control. Syntehtic gut..

Soft- Titan, Forten Sweet
Crisp- Spiral Flex, Gosen, PSGD

Cup8489
07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
well, tbh, you shouldnt really be playing in the rain...it'll ruin the tennis balls as well...lol.

Eviscerator
07-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Another vote for not playing in the rain with your primary racquet's/strings. If you really like to do it can don't worry about twisting an ankle or cracking your skull open carry a cheap used racquet with poly strings.

Bud
07-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Head RIP Control 16g, you should try it, it's supposed to have great durability for a multi, and pretty nice feel and playability too. Best of all, it's ONLY 7 bucks! So even if you don't like it, you didn't blow $20 for nothing.

I head that Head RIP Control is the same string as the Isospeed Professional for 1/3 the price. Is this true?

smarion2
07-29-2008, 12:33 PM

agreed. I just put a set in my racquet and I'm loving it. I thought i was gunna break it really quick but its holding up strong. Plays really well and def helps with touch and control. One of my favorite strings I've tried so far.

Bud
07-30-2008, 07:26 PM
I head that Head RIP Control is the same string as the Isospeed Professional for 1/3 the price. Is this true?

Anyone ?? :)

TheRed
07-31-2008, 06:58 AM
Anyone ?? :)

No, rip control and isospeed have different construction as far as I know. They feel different too. Both are soft and muted strings but Iso Pro has a larger initial tension loss. Iso Pro is livelier but also more muted. It's a love/hate string. I hate it personally.

RIP control is a slightly textured string, with a rare combination of softness and low power. Muted but not as much as Iso Pro. Durability is the best of any multi but I can't compare it's durability to Iso Pro because I've only used Iso pro in someone else's racquet for an hour or so.