PDA

View Full Version : Whats the power level of the Ozone Tour (not pro)?

snoopy
07-26-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm eyeing this stick for a demo. I like the frame's weight and balance. I need a racquet with some punch but the low flex and low Tw power rating have me concerned. If this stick is too low powered it's a waste of a demo for me. So what's the power like? Do these frames come with hard or soft grommets? Is the lack of feel really that poor? Thanks.

backhand
07-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Not low powered, just not a power stick like the White. I'd say in the low-mid 70's according to TW's reviews. Seem to recall their review of the O3 Tour gave it a 74; Ozone Tour is about the same.

mdjenders
07-26-2008, 01:45 PM
depends on how it is strung, imo. strung tight with a poly, it is a control oriented topspin machine with anemic feel. strung looser with a multi or nat gut, it has plenty of pop and more feel. demos come with the soft grommets in the throat, but if you buy one you get the hard grommet as well. the ball feel is increased with the hard grommet, big time.

chris_ah1
07-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Yes, I didnt like the soft grommet at all. I used it with a mix of poly and Gut I think but it was strung very tightly - 60lbs.....I found it to be very weak in this setup and I was swinging far too fast to get the real oomph i needed. Stressed my wrist out. And the coach who usually uses it lol.

I personally think if you want more power get the Speedport. I personally think the ozone pro is a better racket as specwise it addresses some of my foibles with the standard ozone tour.