PDA

View Full Version : lead tape on npro open

tennispal
07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
hey guys, this is gonna be the first time using lead tape. i like my npro open, but im looking for a little more pop and little more stability and little more swingweight. im thinking about adding weight to the head. is that a good idea? how much should i add? or should i add to 3 and 9?

also the npro open is 6 pts head-light. if i add about 3 grams to the head (12 o clock), how many pts head light (roughly) would that make it?

any tips are welcome. thanks in advance

tennispal
07-26-2008, 02:46 PM
i just added 3 grams at 12 o clock. gonna try it out. cant wait

Pushmaster
07-26-2008, 06:37 PM
Lead tape will help because it's way too light stock. I thought it was too stiff and not enough feel, lead won't help much with that.

tennispal
07-26-2008, 08:39 PM
tried it out. it was AWESOME! i was generating effotless power, hitting heavier groundies, and volleying great. im definitely a fan of custimization now.

nice pic Pushmaster, lol

Pushmaster
07-30-2008, 04:25 PM
I agree that the npro open is a very good stick, especially for dubs. I play very well with it, just wish I could get over it's stiffness and lack of feel.

martin
07-30-2008, 04:30 PM
I used it stock and was not impressed. I don't like the muted feeling and it doesn't hit a heavy ball but with leadtape it probably becomes a different racket but not better than my current racket.