PDA

View Full Version : Prince 03 Speedport white girly frame?

beedlejuice22
07-26-2008, 01:40 PM
I was thinking of demoing the speedport white sometime in the future but I was wondering if people consider it a chick stick or do men play use it also.

SFrazeur
07-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Who cares? Does it come with a matching on raquet feminine hygiene product holder?

Masculinity is kicking some *** with a racquet that is well suited to you. Try the White and if its a weapon in your hands then kick some ***, man.

-SF

Toxicmilk
07-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Doesn't matter lol. To me the Donnays look pretty weird...but again, as long as you play well with the racquet...

Il Mostro
07-26-2008, 02:15 PM
If it works for you, don't sweat it. Don't be like the lemmings that permeate these boards -- do your own thing.

nickb
07-26-2008, 02:16 PM
If you use the speedport white people will think you are gay.

Nah...use whatever you want...most people dont even notice what frame you are using. :)

SFrazeur
07-26-2008, 02:23 PM
The appearance of masculinity/femininity of something, anything differs from area to area. Take my car for example. I drive a PT Cruiser.

In the thread I created a majority claimed that it is a girl car. (Like those who are going to quote this paragraph and write "it is") However, an overwhelming majority of PT Cruisers drivers, like 5-1, in my area are male, it's considered a guy car here. But again, who really cares. If it fits you then it fits you. Kick some ***.

-SF

jmverdugo
07-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Well the SP White is very similar to the Standard PD which is not considered a chick stick, jusy because it is white and it is used by Sharapova doesnt mean anything. I use the RDS001MP, it is used by Dementieva and it is yellow!

About the PT Cruiser, i do not why i always thought it looked more like a a surfer/skater car or something, never a girl car, i actually like it a lot.

sureshs
07-26-2008, 03:17 PM
I demoed the O3 White once and people mistook me for Maria Sharapova.

Fedace
07-26-2008, 03:27 PM
I was thinking of demoing the speedport white sometime in the future but I was wondering if people consider it a chick stick or do men play use it also.

Yes Men play with it. It has good Swingweight to it and produces a fairly heavy ball.

Fedace
07-26-2008, 03:28 PM
I must say though whenever i use the Yonex RQIS tour-2 racket, people keep asking me how Radek is doing. I wonder why ????????

Guamanian G
07-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Most prince speedport sticks are chick sticks!
lol this is true but I'm just kidding.. i've actually played with one and it doesn't suit my topspin-style play
more of a flat hitters racquet imo

logansc
07-26-2008, 08:51 PM
I want to say Prince claims John Isner uses the SP White. At 6'9 w/ a 140 mph serve I would def say it works for him.

10sbune
07-26-2008, 09:02 PM
the 03 white is a chick stick! but whatever floats your boat. the only speedport I've seen a guy play with is the black

adams_1
07-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Don't forget that being comfortable with it is very important.

If you demo and, you like it enough, and you can go out there and not care what people think of it (even though 99% of people will not care) then go ahead and use it.

But if you use it and find yourself constantly worrying about it... you don't wanna feel like that every time you play.

jazar
07-27-2008, 12:48 AM
i would definitely say they look girly. in my experience, most girls go for the white and the guys go for the black

denver82
07-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I think the fact that you are even asking this question shows you are focusing on the wrong things. Focus on your game and no one will care what racquet you use. Is the Pure Drive a "chick stick" because women use it as well?

SonRK
07-27-2008, 09:57 AM
If it's a girly stick, show them that you can beat them with said girly racquet and watch their egos drop

snoopy
07-27-2008, 10:00 AM
I would use any racquet except for the o3 pink. I like the cool pink paint jobs form the 80s and 90s, but the o3 pink just looks too girly for me.

dylanm_12
07-28-2008, 01:28 PM
the only chik stik i know is the o3 pink, or any racquet thats pink. or light blue, or light green, its the light colored ones that look te girliest, oh and the wilson w line of racquets those are pretty gurly. Neutral colors arent girly though, they're just neutral

pow
07-28-2008, 05:22 PM
It has that feminine vibe because Sharapova endorses it, but if anyone dares to comment, you better beat them in a match with it and they will stop out of embarrassment.

lacoster
07-28-2008, 10:37 PM
The reality is that Sharapova has a lot to do with it being considered a "chick stick"...it doesn't help that she puts pink O-ports on hers. It also doesn't help that every other Prince sponsored female pro in the WTA uses or used some form of the O3 White (Jankovic, Zvonareva, Stosur, Sugiyama, Lisicki, Peshke, Vania King, etc.)