PDA

View Full Version : Just got some Asics Gel Resolutions!

goosala
07-26-2008, 04:26 PM
I bought the silver ones yesteday locally. I have worn them twice to play in and they are very light and cushy. The cut is lower than my BFII's. The Asics feel like running shoes with a little more support. My knees have been bothering me lately so after reading great things about this shoe I decided to go with these. The arch supports are further back towards the heel so hopefully they will break in.

Richie Rich
07-26-2008, 07:21 PM
they are nice shoes. they will break in. let us know in a couple of months how you like them

goosala
07-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Will do. Anyone else want to share their enthusiasm for these shoes?

jmsx521
07-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Someone had mentioned they are available online for $69 instead of $89... but where?

Il Mostro
07-27-2008, 08:43 AM
When did you initially order them? I ordered mine in early June and they were back-ordered until 7/8. Then when I checked again, I was told that my pair were allocated for TW's 7/24 shipment. Maybe mine will be here soon...

Il Mostro
07-28-2008, 01:33 PM
They came in today and will be going back to TW today. These are just not a good fit for my feet -- too narrow in the forefoot and a little short at the big toe. I am so bummed, since they are a terrific looking shoe and appear to have great cushioning. I'll exchange for another pair of Barricade V's, which are the most perfect fitting shoe I've ever had. Maybe I'll keep looking for another "minimalist", but roomier, shoe. Any ideas?

goosala
07-28-2008, 11:06 PM
I got mine from a local shop here in Houston. It's first name is Tennis and its last name is Express. I am really digging these shoes for the gel comfort. I also looked at the Babolat All Court Team and the Fila Alfa shoes. Both look great and fit my feet well but because of all the good reviews I have read I went with the Asics. I usually wear Nike shoes because they fit me well and are really cushioned.

bertrevert
07-29-2008, 02:58 AM
Well the Nikes are known as a slim fit, some would say narrow, they fit me real well (vapor 4), and how would you compare the fit of these asics therefore?

The Vapors are barely-enough-rubber-on-the-road and fast for it - somehow they squeeze in enough support as well.

Becasue you've worn Vapors how do the Asics compare - specifically have they good enough heel protection?

goosala
07-29-2008, 11:10 AM
The Asics I would say have a more relaxed fit than the Nike Vapors which I like very much. The heel also has a wider more relaxed fit and is padded well. The gel cushioning is great at absorbing impact and feels similar to Zoom air in that it is lower to the ground than Max Air. The main reason I fit Nike better than any other make is because the arch supports are just right for me. I have tried on the Adidas Barricade 2, 3, and 4 but they have higher arch supports than hurt my feet. Overall the Asics is a great shoe for the money and the styling is interesting to say different.

Richie Rich
07-29-2008, 04:57 PM
i think you'll find the asics a better cushioned shoe than the babolat. the babolat feels very firm under foot compared to the asics

Cyclone
07-29-2008, 09:52 PM
asics = BSE

Best
Shoe
Ever

imajica77
07-29-2008, 10:40 PM
Il Mostro, If your looking for a very cushioned show with lots of room in the toe box try Yonex. Specially the 304R. They are a great bargin or you can opt for the higher priced 306. Both shoes are great. Give them a try. You will be surprised how great they are.

siow_a
07-30-2008, 06:10 AM
They came in today and will be going back to TW today. These are just not a good fit for my feet -- too narrow in the forefoot and a little short at the big toe. I am so bummed, since they are a terrific looking shoe and appear to have great cushioning. I'll exchange for another pair of Barricade V's, which are the most perfect fitting shoe I've ever had. Maybe I'll keep looking for another "minimalist", but roomier, shoe. Any ideas?

Try going up 1/2 a size. I did and it helped out a lot. Also, after going up half a size and the if there is minor issue with the toes bumping up the sides during play, but fine walking...you can try some shoe stretcher to increase the width a bit.

siow_a
07-30-2008, 06:11 AM
Il Mostro, If your looking for a very cushioned show with lots of room in the toe box try Yonex. Specially the 304R. They are a great bargin or you can opt for the higher priced 306. Both shoes are great. Give them a try. You will be surprised how great they are.

Yeah...they are great shoes...wish they kept the 304's

siow_a
07-30-2008, 06:12 AM
asics = BSE

Best
Shoe
Ever

Well....I heard a ressolution II will be heading our way in the dec/jan timeframe. One of the retailers mention that to me. That's all I know.

siow_a
07-30-2008, 06:13 AM
The Asics I would say have a more relaxed fit than the Nike Vapors which I like very much. The heel also has a wider more relaxed fit and is padded well. The gel cushioning is great at absorbing impact and feels similar to Zoom air in that it is lower to the ground than Max Air. The main reason I fit Nike better than any other make is because the arch supports are just right for me. I have tried on the Adidas Barricade 2, 3, and 4 but they have higher arch supports than hurt my feet. Overall the Asics is a great shoe for the money and the styling is interesting to say different.

Yeah the Asics are pretty flat as the footpad goes....

njohnson
07-30-2008, 07:40 AM
Got my resolutions a few months back and love them. To me they have a decent arch, snug fit, and I haven't rolled once in them. The grip is great and as an added bonus they actually don't look half bad.

Il Mostro
07-30-2008, 10:03 AM

Hey man, you are reading my mind. I ordered the SHT 306's which should get here today if TW/UPS are on schedule. I went with the 306's in blue, which may be an even wilder looks than the Gel Resolutions. The toe box is bigger and it supposed to be slightly is narrower at the heel. The shoe gets great reviews and seems to be under the radar. Thank you for the suggestion -- i will check out the 304R too.

Il Mostro
07-30-2008, 10:06 AM
Try going up 1/2 a size. I did and it helped out a lot. Also, after going up half a size and the if there is minor issue with the toes bumping up the sides during play, but fine walking...you can try some shoe stretcher to increase the width a bit.

Going + 1/2 never works for me, and the Gel Resolution is no exception. Aside from the toe box/forefoot tightness, it was a little loose in the heel too. As much as I like them, I have to find shoes that fit without changing sizes, stretching or wearing multiple socks. I ordered Yonex SHT 306's. Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

siow_a
07-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Going + 1/2 never works for me, and the Gel Resolution is no exception. Aside from the toe box/forefoot tightness, it was a little loose in the heel too. As much as I like them, I have to find shoes that fit without changing sizes, stretching or wearing multiple socks. I ordered Yonex SHT 306's. Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

I hear ya... The 306 are a nice alternative. My heel never pops out of the Yonex, but occasionally on the resolution by going up 1/2 a size. So I do understand. Hope they work out.

Il Mostro
07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
The SHT 306's came in today -- haven't played with they yet. These fit like a glove and feel light. Ride seems a tad higher than my Barricade V's based on just wearing them around the office. What I really like is the incredible support on the outside of the shoe. I get some pain on the outside of my feet so I guess I am an under-pronator (supinator?). The 306's will not allow any supination at all. I am anxious to see how my feet feel after 4 hours of playing. These have a bigger toe box than the Gel Resolutions but still fit like a glove and are perfect for me in the heel (narrower than Gel Res). Perfect with thin socks. They feel like they need just a light break-in but not too much. Barricade V's fit like they are custom made for my feet and, while really supportive, do not quite match the 306's is supporting the outside of the foot. I am a happy camper. BTW, the pics of the 306's do not do them justice -- they really are a striking looking shoe (got the blue/navy combo). Thanks for the input guys.

goosala
07-31-2008, 09:09 AM
I like the Gel Resolutions so much I bought another pair in the blue yesterday. I will alternate between the two pairs to keep them even worn. I really fit this shoe well and finally found something that works with my foot instead of cramping it. The blue ones rock!

Aerial
07-31-2008, 05:04 PM
I like the Gel Resolutions so much I bought another pair in the blue yesterday. I will alternate between the two pairs to keep them even worn. I really fit this shoe well and finally found something that works with my foot instead of cramping it. The blue ones rock!
''

All I can say is after 4 months of playing 8 hours a week...They are still comfy. Not many shoes I have owned in the past. Love them and have three of them. No I don't rotate them.

fridrix
07-31-2008, 07:51 PM
They were outta stock when I needed to buy shoes. :(

goosala
07-31-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't know if it's just me but the blue ones I just bought are a lot more cushioned than the silver ones I bought last week. The blue ones fit me great and are so much more comfortable and cushioned. The silver ones look cool and have a neutral color scheme which was why I bought them but it looks like I am liking the blue ones a lot better.

mdjenders
07-31-2008, 11:21 PM
too bad the black ones arent available any more.

siow_a
08-01-2008, 05:48 AM
I don't know if it's just me but the blue ones I just bought are a lot more cushioned than the silver ones I bought last week. The blue ones fit me great and are so much more comfortable and cushioned. The silver ones look cool and have a neutral color scheme which was why I bought them but it looks like I am liking the blue ones a lot better.

Hmmm...That's strange. I have one blue and two blacks...They seem the same to me.

siow_a
08-01-2008, 05:50 AM
too bad the black ones arent available any more.

Yeah...I like the blacks too.... It was an exclusive. Maybe they plan to expand to other vendors? I think they are probably trying to meet demand and preparing for the release of the resolution II in dec/jan. Just speculation on my part...who knows.

mdjenders
08-01-2008, 08:57 AM
probably. too bad for me my only pair of blacks is getting unwearable. I am going to order a silver I guess.

goosala
08-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Go for the wild blue ones!

goosala
08-04-2008, 12:12 AM
The blue ones have so much more cushioning and look cool as well.