PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try Wilson Extreme SYntehtic Gut?

2nd_Serve
07-26-2008, 04:14 PM
So...anybody? I wanted to blend it as a cross with my Isospeed.

Could you guys say how much control, power, spin capabilities, or stiffness rating?

aussie
07-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Probably the best syn gut for the money you can buy at $3.50 a set from TW. 17 gauge (1.25 mm) has a similar RSI stiffness rating as PSGD 16 at (210 against 213) but maintains tension much better. In fact it is one of the better holders of tension amonst all syn guts. Plays very well, a little stiffness to its playability, decent access to spin, and medium string movement My second fav syn gut for hybriding with poly after Head syn gut PPS 17.

In)SpiRe
07-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Good for the 1st hour, but after that... it's crap basically.

2nd_Serve
07-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Well, I was going to hybrid it. Could you compare it to Gosen as a cross?

goosala
07-26-2008, 10:25 PM
It's a average syn gut that does nothing in particular well but overall decently. For the money I'd recommend Prince Syn Gut original.

aussie
07-26-2008, 11:42 PM
It's a average syn gut that does nothing in particular well but overall decently. For the money I'd recommend Prince Syn Gut original.

My information is that PSGO and Wilson SG Extreme are identical strings just branded differently.

Richie Rich
07-27-2008, 03:14 AM
Well, I was going to hybrid it. Could you compare it to Gosen as a cross?

you probably won't notice too much of a difference. they are both crisp syn gut. most of the spin, feel, etc comes from the mains anyway

2handsbothsides
07-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Wilson Extreme will play a bit softer with more initial power than PSGO strung at the same tension. PSGO holds tension a bit better but doesn't have the same pop that the Wilson has in the first hour or so.

The white Wilson Extreme also plays a bit softer than the natural but not as soft as a multifilament. The white is almost a different string.

Both the PSGO and Wilson Extreme must be kept fresh for high level play.

2handsbothsides
07-27-2008, 07:52 PM
The Gosen is more mute than both the Wilson or Prince syn gut. All are pretty good syn guts but the differences can be useful if you are sensitive to stings and string tension.

2nd_Serve
07-27-2008, 08:46 PM
The Gosen is more mute than both the Wilson or Prince syn gut. All are pretty good syn guts but the differences can be useful if you are sensitive to stings and string tension.

What do you mean differnces could be useful?