PDA

View Full Version : MicroGel™ Raptor OS

Cazper
07-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Well today I demoed the MicroGel™ Raptor OS and found that I liked it a lot. So I wanted to ask a few questions. First " What stringing should I get " Second "What tension should I get " Third "When should I go up a level to get a new racquet, I just started so I'm not great"

goober
07-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Well today I demoed the MicroGel™ Raptor OS and found that I liked it a lot. So I wanted to ask a few questions. First " What stringing should I get " Second "What tension should I get " Third "When should I go up a level to get a new racquet, I just started so I'm not great"

Since you are beginning level player just get regular synthetic gut 16 gauge. No reason to get something else since it won't change your game. Pretty much any brand will do IMO.

Tension- look at your racquet. It is usually printed on the inside of the throat the recommended tension range. Just start out right in the middle of the range.

I wouldn't get a new racquet until your strokes are dependable and you realize the racquet is holding you back. If the racquet is giving you pain would be another reason to switch but at your level it will most likely be the technique rather than the racquet if this occurs.