PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Yonex?

mellofelow
07-26-2008, 09:33 PM
I love Yonex rackets. Been with them for over 10 yrs and there's no equal as far as quality and playability. I mean I can purchase 2 rackets from different places and both would weight, balance, stiffness and play like perfect twins.

I'm still wielding the good ol' RDX 300s. But in my recent search for replacement, I've found the current line of Yonex cosmetically... bubble gum-ish. They're mostly white, yellow, orange, red, silver... etc. IMO, they're sorta passive in paint scheme and just doesn't look like a weapon that can kick butt. common sense says that we shouldn't just the book by its cover. But frankly I just can't imagine Darth Vader battling with a pink light saber. Seriously though, I don't think Tiger Woods would be caught dead with hitting a driver with cosmetic makeup the likes of any of Yonex rackets.

I just wish they bring back the RDX (black and blue) scheme back into the RDS racket line.

Syfo-Dias
07-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm not too crazy about the current paint schemes Yonex has either. I've always liked the older ones like on the RDX and SRD Tour series. I do like the paint job on the RQiS 1 Tour though. But the RDS series not so much.

SFrazeur
07-26-2008, 09:43 PM
Really the only Yonex paint jobs I have liked are the RDX series. I have always found Yonex paint jobs to look rather bland. Especially the early '80s.

-SF

hobo
07-26-2008, 10:06 PM
They are SEXY!

mellofelow
07-26-2008, 10:15 PM
They are SEXY!

Well, I have to agree in the hands of Ivanovic & Kirilenko.

Jack Romeo
07-27-2008, 05:15 AM
i think in the rq/rqs series, most of those frames are basically chick sticks so the paint job reflects that. they're white and a little bit of blue or red or whatever. the rqis1 is the only one with a "masculine" paint job but even that stick is endorsed by a woman player. the rds series might look bubblegummish with their paint schemes, but in reality, yonex is using similar colors that head uses with their advanced players rackets line (yellow - mg extreme, red - prestige, orange - radical). wilson also used red, orange and yellow(lime) with some sticks in their ncode line. so i think these colors that yonex uses is just a matter of trend/fashion. i do wish in the future they'd come up with more blue or green or black paint jobs.

kcmiser
07-27-2008, 05:50 AM
common sense says that we shouldn't just the book by its cover. But frankly I just can't imagine Darth Vader battling with a pink light saber.

Actually....

http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/1/5/1/4/20254151.jpg

zacinnc78
07-27-2008, 05:53 AM
oh snap!!!