PDA

View Full Version : Farewell VE 10 Tour mid

matchmaker
07-27-2008, 12:58 AM
I was just looking aroung on the TW website and could not find the VE 10 anymore. I guess that means the frame is discontinued. Any in memoriam for this racquet? I played with it for some time and actually really liked some aspects of it.

s7evin
07-27-2008, 03:02 AM
I said goodbye to it as soon as i hit the first ball with my prestige 600.
BTW the fact that TW doesn't have them doesn't mean that they are discontinued...

bad_call
07-27-2008, 06:26 AM
I was just looking aroung on the TW website and could not find the VE 10 anymore. I guess that means the frame is discontinued. Any in memoriam for this racquet? I played with it for some time and actually really liked some aspects of it.

there's a special place for this one...in my bag. :) btw - alternating between the C10 and T10V makes for fun tennis.

Klatu Verata Necktie
07-27-2008, 06:55 AM
I like the frame very much. Some people say the sweet spot wasn't big enough for them but I found it to be larger than the PC 600's sweet spot.

After using the K90 for about half a year, I started developing arm/elbow pain that went away when I started using PC 600s and Tour 10 Mids.

I hope racquet companies continue making flexible frames for us 30+ year old players.

matchmaker
07-27-2008, 02:48 PM
It was a nice frame, a nice frame it was. Flexible, long but narrow (that was its flaw for me) sweetspot, very manoeuverable, low power, great volleying device.

In D Zone
07-28-2008, 11:28 AM
There are plenty of them (Tour 10 VE) for sale in classified and at a very reasonable prices.

I was skeptic at first when I first got it - stored it in my bag for about a month. Then one day while in a match - I was not playing well at all; (down 1-4) so I decided to pull out the Tour 10 to give it try. I was shocked on how well I played with the Tour 10 - came back and tied the matched.
I was really impressed with the control, precision and flex of this frame. A true diamond in the rough.

DrewRafter8
07-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I liked the black and yellow Tour 10 more then I did the VE. Both are great sticks though. The flex on both Mids and MP's were perfect.

AndrewD
07-28-2008, 04:28 PM
BTW the fact that TW doesn't have them doesn't mean that they are discontinued...

I think the fact that it was discontinued almost two years ago would mean that it has been discontinued. TW just had new 'old' stock to sell.