PDA

View Full Version : Help with Racquet selection

DoubleWindsor
07-27-2008, 09:55 AM
First of all, let me just apologize because I'm sure you get these kind of threads a lot and I'm sure they are very annoying. That being said, thanks in advance.

Now, I've been playing tennis now for a couple years on and off and would consider myself a pretty decent 4.0 player. I'm a very aggressive player with a big powerful stroke(6'1'' 200lbs) but I like to do more than just play at the baseline, I get around the court and I am very fast and in good condition.

I think I should be looking for a racquet with more control since I generate alot of my own power(please correct me if I'm mistaken). But I'm not sure which racquet is for me. I've been playing with a Head Liquidmetal, and its not a bad racquet, I'd just like something better.

I'm pretty sure a want a Babolat racquet, no specific reason, I just do. As I look at it, every racquet company makes good racquets, so whoever I choose I know I'll get a good product. And I might as well pick a name I like ( and it has NOTHING to do with nadal, I actually dont care for him much)

So heres what it's down to, I've got these four on the way to demo already, but they wont be here for about a week so I figured I'd ask for your opinions (and I understand that in the end it's up to me and what feels good in my hands, but nonetheless, id still appreciate opinions)

1. pure storm tour
2. pure drive roddick
3. aeropro drive cortex
4. wilson ksix.one 95

Im worried that the wilson might be a little to advanced for me, but im not sure, thats why I'm asking. Im sorry about how long this was, but I would REALLY appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!
Justin

T1000
07-27-2008, 10:14 AM
If you want a control racquet, most yonex mid frames are good. I have used the RDX 500 and the RDS 001 and they had a ton of control. The only problem is their headsize is 90 and I was shanking a lot and all the racquets you mentioned have bigger headsizes. The RQ iS 1 is a good racquet. It has a 95 headsize with a lot of control and no power. I don't have any experience with babolat to make a good suggestion about their racquets. The Dunlop aerogels are also good racquets, but they might be too light. Hope this helps and good luck.

DoubleWindsor
07-27-2008, 10:23 AM
yeah, thanks, I forgot to mention that I would prefer a heavier racquet that is obviously head light. 12+ ozs is no problem for me, and thats what I didnt like about babolat, they were light. but thats what really attracted me to the k6.1, 12.3 ozs and 8 points head light is impressive.