PDA

View Full Version : Big Banger Original As A Cross?

Trevor
07-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Has anyone tried this with another poly in the mains?

bluescreen
07-27-2008, 07:07 PM
i dont know why u'd hybrid this with another poly. thats kinda pointless.

ive used luxilon in crosses before, but with natural gut in the mains and it feels phenomonal. however, the durability is a bit lacking. but, imo, luxilon strings die after a short while anyway.

u'd be better off just doing a full job of big banger instead of mixing it with another poly. the whole point of a hybrid is to use the attributes of two different kinds of strings.

Cup8489
07-27-2008, 07:13 PM
i dont know why u'd hybrid this with another poly. thats kinda pointless.

ive used luxilon in crosses before, but with natural gut in the mains and it feels phenomonal. however, the durability is a bit lacking. but, imo, luxilon strings die after a short while anyway.

u'd be better off just doing a full job of big banger instead of mixing it with another poly. the whole point of a hybrid is to use the attributes of two different kinds of strings.

there's nothing wrong with hybriding two types of poly, ie using something like BBO as a way to stiffen up a job with cyber blue in the mains, which is a bit soft and powerful. the bbo would control that somewhat.

although, i have never personally used BBO in a hybrid in this way before..

tbini87
07-27-2008, 09:37 PM
i don't think it is common to hybrid polys. the only reason i can think of doing that would be to save money... by putting bbo in the mains, and a cheaper poly (gosen polylon or something) in the crosses.

hoodjem
07-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Some players do hybrid two polys: we've all heard of Blue Gear mains and Big Ace crosses.

BBO in the crosses? But what in the mains?

Maybe with something like TiMO in the mains for that much more spin.

Gut in the mains for super feel. Durability?