PDA

View Full Version : Which one of these stringest plays closest to X-1 Biphase?

LubbockAg
07-27-2008, 05:13 PM
K-Gut
K-Gut Pro
NXT Tour
Others?

I like X-1 the best so far as a cross for Lux ALU. Just curious if I should try any others.

LubbockAg
07-27-2008, 06:29 PM
Anybody?????

timsims
07-27-2008, 07:04 PM
I'd stick with X1. I haven't tried any of the ones you've listed, but X1 is so good to me. The only other I've found close is Signum Pro
Fiber High-Tec.

LubbockAg
07-28-2008, 08:38 AM
I will probably just stick with it, but I am always looking.

Il Mostro
07-28-2008, 09:40 AM
I will probably just stick with it, but I am always looking.

Ditto to always looking. I will be trying Excel Premium today and Excel Power in the next week or so as I've heard good things about the new versions of Excel.

I've played with a bunch of multi's and still prefer X-1. I have never tried K Gut Pro, but it has a great reputation -- I just cannot bring myself to pay $21.50 when natural gut is just one more stretch $$$ wise and is more economical in the long run. For a more economical Wilson string I really like Reaction 17g.

Valjean
07-28-2008, 10:36 AM
If you order here at TW, factor in Babolat's Fibertour too; it's an old string once known as Fiberace.

P.S. Factor in that Wilson knew what it was doing when it positioned K-Gut Pro, and knew what it would be compared to. And the assumption would be that it wouldn't be compared to the better guts, just the cheaper ones.

BigServer1
07-28-2008, 12:04 PM
NXT Tour is nice, and it has some similar characteristics to X-1. K-Gut pro is a great string...I love the 17 gauge, but it's pricey and like a poster above said, gut isn't too much more of a stretch at that point.

nadal&roddickfan
07-28-2008, 02:34 PM
NXT Tour kind of resembles X-1 since it has that crisp feeling, so I've heard.

Fedace
07-28-2008, 02:37 PM
K-Gut
K-Gut Pro
NXT Tour
Others?

I like X-1 the best so far as a cross for Lux ALU. Just curious if I should try any others.

Try the Yonex Tour super 850 pro. Now i compared the X-1 to this string over the weekend and i really felt that the Yonex was by far the superior string to X-1. It has more Control, Feel. the power level was very close with edge going to Yonex again. I was surprised by this as much as anyone cause i considered X-1 to be top of the line but i was wrong.:shock:

hoodjem
07-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Make sure you get the Tour Super 850 Pro. The regular 850 is soooooooooooooo soft and anything but crisp. It is also very muted, not much feel, and kinda dull IMO.