PDA

View Full Version : KBlade Tour vs KPro Tour

Infl8edEg0
07-27-2008, 07:00 PM
How do these two rackets compare? I've been demoing, and I love the KBlade Tour...but sometime it feels like I don't have enough pop, but that might be due to the Wilson Sensation string. If it was strung with a 17g Poly mains and syngut/multi cross, how much of a difference will I feel? Also, I was looking at the Wilson book thingy, and I saw the KPro Tour with specs that looked perfect for me. 11.6oz, and open 16x20 pattern, a >98 headsize (96), so I was wondering if anyone has played with both and compared the two. ty :D

tennis_hand
07-27-2008, 07:08 PM
sensation has no pop and u want to use a hybrid to have some pop? are u kidding?

Infl8edEg0
07-27-2008, 07:09 PM
sensation has no pop and u want to use a hybrid to have some pop? are u kidding?

Nope, I really have no idea how much exactly the strings affect it. I like the KBlade Tour a million times more than my PD, but just wondering if there was a way to do it that way.

tennis_hand
07-27-2008, 07:14 PM
basically it meant the racket has less power and more dead.

it is expected from a 93 racket and a closed pattern from your 100 racket with an open pattern.

u just need to get used to the low power and the dense string pattern. if u have to struggle a lot to hit the KBlade tour, it is not meant for you probably. KPro tour is more forgiving definitely and has more power.

But then, at KPro Tour's spec, i would have gone for other rackets.

Infl8edEg0
07-27-2008, 07:18 PM
basically it meant the racket has less power and more dead.

it is expected from a 93 racket and a closed pattern from your 100 racket with an open pattern.

u just need to get used to the low power and the dense string pattern. if u have to struggle a lot to hit the KBlade tour, it is not meant for you probably. KPro tour is more forgiving definitely and has more power.

But then, at KPro Tour's spec, i would have gone for other rackets.

Hmm, ok thanks. It's kinda weird, I always hit the ball long...but that's because of my bad swing, haha. I think I'll give the KPro Tour a go, and see which is better. I was also considering the Babolat Pure Storm Ltd. If anyone reads this, and if they want to answer, how does the Pure Storm ltd. compare to the KBlade Tour? ty again :D

bertrevert
07-27-2008, 07:19 PM
What did you like about KBT? Maybe we can go from there. It's definitely a love/hate racq so far on these boards.

What style of game do you play?

Booyah
07-27-2008, 07:20 PM
hmm if you are thinking of the babolat pure storm, you might want to take a look at the K6.1 from wilson. Popular racket. seems to be your type

Infl8edEg0
07-27-2008, 07:23 PM
What did you like about KBT? Maybe we can go from there. It's definitely a love/hate racq so far on these boards.

What style of game do you play?

the KBlade Tour most definitely improved my serves because of the weight increase. Also, it got rid of my arm problems because of its flex and weight as well. I also love volleying with this racket compared with the PD. Accuracy also improved in all aspects of my game, and it feels very solid.
However, sometimes when I try to put the ball away on an approach, it feels like it doesn't have as much "oomph", if you will, than the PD. I generally put a much sharper angle on it so it's further away. Also, topspin isn't the greatest, but I'm pretty sure can get used to that. And if this is a con, I can't play with anything larger than a 95" head anymore, haha. Everything else feels so awkward and...big.

Infl8edEg0
07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
hmm if you are thinking of the babolat pure storm, you might want to take a look at the K6.1 from wilson. Popular racket. seems to be your type

I have played with it, but I didn't like how stiff it was. It was like playing with my PD again, but with a lot more solidity and control.

bertrevert
07-27-2008, 07:55 PM
the KBlade Tour most definitely improved my serves because of the weight increase. Also, it got rid of my arm problems because of its flex and weight as well. I also love volleying with this racket compared with the PD. Accuracy also improved in all aspects of my game, and it feels very solid.
However, sometimes when I try to put the ball away on an approach, it feels like it doesn't have as much "oomph", if you will, than the PD. I generally put a much sharper angle on it so it's further away. Also, topspin isn't the greatest, but I'm pretty sure can get used to that. And if this is a con, I can't play with anything larger than a 95" head anymore, haha. Everything else feels so awkward and...big.

I hear what you're saying about too light ... and then TE! OUch... know the feeling.

I spent a year with the early PD ages ago. I just couldn't get all the variation I wanted. It's for big serve, followed by big forehand. But the serves were too easily read, and I play on artificial grass so the ball doesn't sit up like on a hard court - so I didn't get to go hugely western (better players than me manage it though!).

Yes the MID isn't going to bang the ball away on approach, but it being a setup shot anyway I'd not expect it to. But this puppy is HL, and so what it does do nicely is that combination of approach and volley/put away.

I put the LM Rad 98 on top the KBT 93 and might have to get a microscope to tell the difference...! Nothing bigger than 95 for me too, cheers.

I think you'd want to test the 93 over a longish match to see if the weight gets to you.

Funny how you're serve improved with a KBT over what is usually thought as the big serving PD. The PD can make the game very big but it's no good if they're gioing out!

Infl8edEg0
07-27-2008, 08:06 PM
I hear what you're saying about too light ... and then TE! OUch... know the feeling.

I spent a year with the early PD ages ago. I just couldn't get all the variation I wanted. It's for big serve, followed by big forehand. But the serves were too easily read, and I play on artificial grass so the ball doesn't sit up like on a hard court - so I didn't get to go hugely western (better players than me manage it though!).

Yes the MID isn't going to bang the ball away on approach, but it being a setup shot anyway I'd not expect it to. But this puppy is HL, and so what it does do nicely is that combination of approach and volley/put away.

I put the LM Rad 98 on top the KBT 93 and might have to get a microscope to tell the difference...! Nothing bigger than 95 for me too, cheers.

I think you'd want to test the 93 over a longish match to see if the weight gets to you.

Funny how you're serve improved with a KBT over what is usually thought as the big serving PD. The PD can make the game very big but it's no good if they're gioing out!

I thought it was really weird about the serve as well..I didn't think it would go faster. But it did, definitely and more solid. I've already tested it over a longish match...I played in a tournament today, whipped out the demo, and played 2 matches, the 1st a 3 set and then 45min later a 2 set match. The 1st was about 2 hours, the second about 1.5hr.

bertrevert
07-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Woohoo no weight troubles for you therefore.

I think you'd want to read what a better player Jolly said about the KBT here (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=169108)

Didn't sway me, rather I came to the KBT when using the new TW power tool.

I compared the LM Rad and the KBT and they were real similar.

I had assumed the kb98 would be more the go, but it is the KBT that is a closer match.

Good TW tool that one, and give it a go on the racquets you're thinking of. I believe the power profile of these racquets is a good indicator of whether you are going to like the demo or not. Definitely use the power tool for comparison of the KBT to the KPT.

Serve with the KBT is a lot of fun. But that is MIDs per se as well. You can put it on a 5 cent piece with maybe not as much power as the PD but with still enough blast.

gh65721
07-27-2008, 08:52 PM
I have a KPro tour and have demoed the KBlade tour. I feel the KPro is much more low powered, swings much lighter, 301 swingweight. I strung it at 50 with full Big Ace and I am sure the tension is down to low 40's by now and has helped give it a little pop. I love serving with it and it has improved my one hand backhand. I liked the KBlade tour also, much more solid stick though but less manueverable for me. I thought the sweetspot was very big for the 93 head size, much easier for me to find than the K90 which I do have and will be trying to trade.

tennis_hand
07-27-2008, 09:29 PM
u should try the pure storm tour. the only good tour rackets from babolat. all other Babs are arm killers or junks.

I was playing against a guy just yesterday, who used the Aero Control contex, the one advertised by Nadal. He was out for 2 months because of tennis elbow. I use my cracked 6.0 95 with some lead, although it swings and weighs much higher, I got some should pain the next day, but never had elbow issues. For sure, he hits harder than I do.

I am gonna get the PST for my next racket.

Infl8edEg0
07-27-2008, 09:58 PM
u should try the pure storm tour. the only good tour rackets from babolat. all other Babs are arm killers or junks.

I was playing against a guy just yesterday, who used the Aero Control contex, the one advertised by Nadal. He was out for 2 months because of tennis elbow. I use my cracked 6.0 95 with some lead, although it swings and weighs much higher, I got some should pain the next day, but never had elbow issues. For sure, he hits harder than I do.

I am gonna get the PST for my next racket.

Hmm, do u have experience with the Pure Storm Ltd? THe ltd has a 95 sq in head, lower swing weight, a bit more flexible, and a bit more head light compared to the tour

tennis_hand
07-28-2008, 12:32 AM
no. i didn't. it is not what i want. my 6.0 95 is good enough if those specs are what i want.

Infl8edEg0
07-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Ok, tried the KPro Tour....didn't like it. Period. From the get go, didn't like it. Same with the Pure Storm Ltd. Played each about an hour...really didn't like it.

KBlade Tour...HERE I GO!!! Just gotta find the right strings now :D

bertrevert
07-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Hey I bit the bullet and rather than follow the theory (see string forum) that you put junk in the first time to "bed in" the grommets, and string it tighter (cos it's gonna drop tension), rather than that theory, I just stumped up the cash and went for some technifibre 1.28 (which I believe is equuivalent to 17's)

I was just going to put PSGD in, but the stringer dropped the price on the technifibre so it was just a little more than the PSGD.

Strung at 55 lbs we'll see how it goes.

I remember really liking technifibre in my MW200g - feel feel feel

You keeping the leather on? W/ an overgrip? I thought about changing it...

Infl8edEg0
07-28-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey I bit the bullet and rather than follow the theory (see string forum) that you put junk in the first time to "bed in" the grommets, and string it tighter (cos it's gonna drop tension), rather than that theory, I just stumped up the cash and went for some technifibre 1.28 (which I believe is equuivalent to 17's)

I was just going to put PSGD in, but the stringer dropped the price on the technifibre so it was just a little more than the PSGD.

Strung at 55 lbs we'll see how it goes.

I remember really liking technifibre in my MW200g - feel feel feel

You keeping the leather on? W/ an overgrip? I thought about changing it...

I'm not quite sure...since the leather adds to the weight, I'm probably going to keep it unless it alters the feel of the grip. I always use an overgrip.