PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Malaysia ?

SpEeDyZ
07-28-2008, 01:58 AM
Hello all anyone here who is from Malaysia ? I wanted to ask him are Babolat racquets cheaper or more expensive there as compared to other countries like the UK or the US . Because here the PDR is selling for $190 whereas I read somewhere that they are selling it for $210 in Malaysia ?

I am asking this because I hopefully will be going to Malaysia for about 2 weeks ( holiday ) in a few days and I was thinking of buying a Babolat tennis racquet from there...

Thanks,

kaloi-sabah
07-28-2008, 07:02 AM
Hi.. just register just now.. i always read the thread but reluctant to register.. however, since I am from Malaysia, then I feel there is a need to answer you for the benefit of tennis community all over the world..

You can get PDR with Cortex for USD 155
PDR without Cortex should be less.. around USD 130
Wilson AK90 for USD 156

Again, you have to know where to shop.. If you go to a big store, it will be expensive.. but, if you go to a sport shop somewhere in Kuala Lumpur, you can get around that figure.. in other words, you have to know where to find a local well known sport shop that provide a best price.

SpEeDyZ
07-28-2008, 09:13 AM
First of all thanks a LOT for replying ...
155 USD .. it seems like the PDR is cheaper there than here so that mean I will hopefully be getting one from there If I can get one for 155 USD.

Alright this is the first time I am visiting Malaysia and I will spent around 5 days in Kuala Lumpur so please can you give me the address of any good small sport shop from where I can get a PDR....

Thanks a lot and I am hoping that all of these are original ?

Again thanks for replying !

zdepth
07-28-2008, 09:47 AM
Hiyaa Speedyz..

I'm a resident of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Saw your tread on the PDR..
I'm used a Aero Pro Drive with Cortex before... I cant take it, I have
wrist & tennis elbow.. now I'm on pro kennex. But the APDR is sweet
& I love it to death.
If u are in Kuala Lumpur & would like to play for free, gimme a ring..
I can bring u to tennis shop & bargain for u as well if u like... PDR with
Cortex is around $155 USD here... as told by kaloi-sabah. My number
is 017 394 8736 ... just dial it as it is when you're in Malaysia.

SpEeDyZ
07-28-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for you reply I will surely contact you when needed.
I think I cant understand is that the PDR is selling here for $ 189 where as it is $155 in Kuala Lumpur so is it just that TW is taking more profit ? Or is there a quality difference ?

get it in
07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
I think I cant understand is that the PDR is selling here for $ 189 where as it is $155 in Kuala Lumpur so is it just that TW is taking more profit ? Or is there a quality difference ?

Speedyz,

It probably has to due with currency exchange rates and also that the local population makes less than your average American. It's easier to sell a $190 racket in the US to a person making $3000 a month than in another country where they probably makes the equivalent of $900 a month!

zdepth
07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Ok if so happen i'm not available.. u can get a cab & go to a shopping
complex called 'Ampang Park' ... its near the KLCC. Find a shop called
'Topper' on the 1st floor of Ampang Park Shopping Complex. U should
bargain for the PDR with Cortex & ask for Ringgit $500 & below... which
is roughly like USD $150

kaloi-sabah
07-28-2008, 02:17 PM
zdept already mention the shop.. you can also take a LRT (like a train) and stop at the Ampang Park Station.. From there, you cross the road and you go to the building call Ampang Park.. then on 1st floor, you can find the shop..

Well.. do not worry.. It is original and one of the famous tennis shop in the country.. NOT FAKE sell there... I can guarantee you 100%.. currently 1 USD = RM 3.25 (the currenncy exchange)

mawashi
07-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi guys,

Any idea how much a Yonex RDS 003 2008 cost there?

Regards,

Mawashi
________
Nevada Medical Marijuana Dispensary (http://nevada.dispensaries.org/)

kaloi-sabah
07-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Sorry to say that most of the shops here does not carry Yonex tennis racquet eventhough Yonex comes from Japan and is nearer to here,,

You can get Wilson, Babolat, Prince, Dunlop and Head racquets only in Malaysia.. no Yonex, no Fischer... so I could not answer you question.

SpEeDyZ
07-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks a lot again for those replies .....

and tell me something .. aren't the prices fixed ? And how much bargaining goes on ?

Thanks,

kaloi-sabah
07-29-2008, 01:59 AM
I would say that the price is fixed by the shop owner already ( Mr David).. he will mentioned that the best price that he can offer to you (in this case, it is the lowest price already and you cannot bargain anymore because it is cheap) .. and usually the price is much lower than what is being advertised..

for example.. he would say PDR will be 30% less than what is advertised and it is fixed.. the price is RM 500 after discounted( around USD 155).. and that's it.. just grab it because he won't lower the price anymore!

Well, that is happened to most of us here.. you can always try to bargain to get the best deal..

one more things,.. Some racquets there been advertised as "buy 1 get another 1 for free".. this does not means that you have to buy 2 of these, but you can buy 1 racquet at 50% discount of advertised.. ok.. got me?

SpEeDyZ
07-29-2008, 02:04 AM
I would say that the price is fixed by the shop owner already ( Mr David).. he will mentioned that the best price that he can offer to you (in this case, it is the lowest price already and you cannot bargain anymore because it is cheap) .. and usually the price is much lower than what is being advertised..

for example.. he would say PDR will be 30% less than what is advertised and it is fixed.. the price is RM 500 after discounted( around USD 155).. and that's it.. just grab it because he won't lower the price anymore!

Well, that is happened to most of us here.. you can always try to bargain to get the best deal..

one more things,.. Some racquets there been advertised as "buy 1 get another 1 for free".. this does not means that you have to buy 2 of these, but you can buy 1 racquet at 50% discount of advertised.. ok.. got me?

Yes I did hmmm get you hmm....... so basically when I go to the shop and tell him that I want a PDR he will simply ask 500 Ringit for it thats it ? No bargaining no nothing ?

Thanks,

Rorsach
07-29-2008, 02:26 AM

Here is another one for you: the PDR costs $290 over here in The Netherlands.

:(

jonolau
07-29-2008, 02:38 AM
Most of the racquets sold in independent tennis shops are usually discounted over the RRP (recommended retail price) by the main agent for the brand. This is because there is a lot of competition between the smaller independent shops and they don't have as much overheads.

But like any country, if these shops see a stranger or "foreigner" entering, they will try to sell it to you at a higher price than they would to locals.

I would suggest that you either go with a local or tell the shop owner that your friend recommended his shop as he had bought the same racquet for 500 ringgit.

USD155 for a PDR is cheap. Over here in Singapore, the same racquet would probably cost about US$160-170.

kaloi-sabah
07-29-2008, 04:07 AM
"Yes I did hmmm get you hmm....... so basically when I go to the shop and tell him that I want a PDR he will simply ask 500 Ringit for it thats it ? No bargaining no nothing ?"

Yes.. as far as I know the shop owner, Mr David, he would give away the best price and no point to bargain since it is the cheapest that he can give you.. and it is REALLY cheap.. you can always say to him that many local customers recommend you to come to his shop..

If you really serious to buy it, I am going to his shop in 5 days time (sunday) and talk to him.. and check for you the best price for PDR he can sell to you..

Jono did raise interesting points regarding local and foreigners might get different price.. well, I have no comment on that..

jonolau
07-29-2008, 04:20 AM
"Yes I did hmmm get you hmm....... so basically when I go to the shop and tell him that I want a PDR he will simply ask 500 Ringit for it thats it ? No bargaining no nothing ?"

Yes.. as far as I know the shop owner, Mr David, he would give away the best price and no point to bargain since it is the cheapest that he can give you.. and it is REALLY cheap.. you can always say to him that many local customers recommend you to come to his shop..

If you really serious to buy it, I am going to his shop in 5 days time (sunday) and talk to him.. and check for you the best price for PDR he can sell to you..

Jono did raise interesting points regarding local and foreigners might get different price.. well, I have no comment on that..

By the way, welcome to the TW forum! :)

kaloi-sabah
07-29-2008, 04:48 AM
Thanks for the welcome.. I really want to involve in forum for quite some times, but my job and my kids keep me busy every working days and weekends..

I am thinking to get a reel of BA since my stock for personal use is winding down.. I strung for personal use but my friends managed to ask me for personal help to strung their own racquets and all of them I used BA for their racquets.. and many more keep on coming to ask me to strung and used BA.. whow.. I end up to reject since I do not make a bussiness in stringing the racquet...

blue03
07-29-2008, 08:14 AM
apart from that uncle raymond shop in ampang park, there is another shop in lucky garden, bangsar. the shop's name is sportsprise69 something like that.

the shop owner really knows how to handle his customer well. plus they sell tournagrip :D only can find it there.

price wise, i think the one in ampang park, actually it's in yow chuan plaza if im not mistaken, is much cheaper. happy bargaining.

cheers~

SpEeDyZ
07-29-2008, 09:23 AM
ok so it is in AmPang Park or yow Chuan Plaza ?

I am serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Hopefully if everything goes like planned we will leave for Kuala Lumpur on the 4th of August and we will stay in Malaysia for about 10 days ( five in Kuala ) and then we will also hopefully visit Singapore and stay there for 2-3 nights....
Over here in Singapore, the same racquet would probably cost about US$160-170.
Thanks that means I have to get it from Kuala Lumpur :D

again thanks for all your replies!

Here is another one for you: the PDR costs $290 over here in The Netherlands.
thats a rip off!!!!!!

mawashi
07-29-2008, 04:13 PM
jonolau,

Say I just only realized that you are in Singapore. Would like to know if you be available for coffee or a game.

Please email me at 55Fathoms@gmail.com.

SpEeDyZ, if you are here in Singapore please give me a mail at my email and hopefully we can meet up. Like to meet more TMers.

Warmest regards,

Mawashi
________
Lovely Wendie99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

SpEeDyZ
07-30-2008, 01:47 AM
no actually I am not in Singapore though I will come to Singapore for 2-3 nights as mentioned in my previous post oh ok you mean

when you are here in Singapore

jonolau
07-30-2008, 03:48 AM
jonolau,

Say I just only realized that you are in Singapore. Would like to know if you be available for coffee or a game.

Please email me at 55Fathoms@gmail.com.

SpEeDyZ, if you are here in Singapore please give me a mail at my email and hopefully we can meet up. Like to meet more TMers.

Warmest regards,

Mawashi

No worries, Mawashi! :)

I'm travelling from 1-10 Aug, but will contact you when I'm back.

kaloi-sabah
07-30-2008, 05:36 AM
Dear SpEeDyZ,

I stopped by at the shop just now since I had a meeting at the Petronas Twin Towers just now.. Glad to inform that PDR with CORTEX is on sale by now... It is now RM 430 = USD 130 unstrung! I have inform the shop owner that there is a tourist from USA which is my friend is going to stop by at his shop sometimes next week and would like to buy PDR.. He agreed to sell at RM430 (USD 130) still!.. so, you do not need to bargain.. I can guarantee you that is is original.. please inform my name " Adi " as your references.. he would glad to meet you too.. no worry.. he is a friendly person..

Again, pls do not compare this price to other places in the world, because the shipping will be around USD 50 all over the world.. so, those in USA should buy it in their homeland.

Wilson AK90 is around USD 133 here! ( also on sale by now!)

blue03
07-30-2008, 06:40 AM
rm430? owh im so getting myself that racquet. any recommendation whether to buy the standard or the plus version? i've played with the plus cortex version before and not the standard one. need help.
thx guys :)

mawashi
07-30-2008, 07:03 AM
No worries, Mawashi! :)
I'm travelling from 1-10 Aug, but will contact you when I'm back.

Hi jonolau,

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Mawashi
________
Mature Cam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/mature-women/)

kaloi-sabah
07-30-2008, 07:13 AM
It depends on how you play.. extended version is for more power for serves and strokes.. if your game need more power, then extended version is better... I noticed that one thing for sure is the served is a pleasure with extended version.. If your served is your big advantage in your game, extended version is for you.. however, you need to adjust your stroke a little bit.. few pros used extended version such as Ferrer, Roddick as well as Michael Chang..

it is also a people preferences,, I prefer a standard version since it is more natural.. since you are using M fil 300 which is standard version, then i would advice you to stick with standard version.. it is just a mere advice.. the choice is YOU yourself to decide..

I did not managed to handle an extended version racquets.. I owned 2 POG longbody (28 " long) , and left it in my closet for years already.. I like to served with it, but soon my ground stroke is getting worse as the match goes.. after that, I was holding a standard version racquet.. it is just not for me.. that's it..

SpEeDyZ
07-30-2008, 07:41 AM
Oh my HOW CAN I THANK YOU FOR THIS !!!!!!!!!!!

just one small problem I am from Pakistan and not the USA ! That might confuse the guy :D ( so if possible if you have his contact no. that is please can you tell the guy that I am from Pakistan and not from USA and also tell him that I am 15 years old and will most probably come with my parents )

AGAIN if there is anything I can do for you just let me know.

THANKS A TON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpEeDyZ
07-30-2008, 07:48 AM
one more tiny thing ..... do they have PDR with original Babolat strings ? Because I will probably buy an already strung PDR..... if not then I will just buy the frame!

kaloi-sabah
07-30-2008, 04:09 PM
It does not matter where you are origin from.. as long as you speak English with the shop owner and not speaking Malay, you should be fine.. with my reference, you should have no prob.. i will talk to him again latter,.. no worry..

The racquet comes unstrung,,, if you want to have a babolat string, then you must add RM40 (around USD 12) for the racquet to get it strung.. you can have any other strings that available in the shop, and it will be charged accordingly.. no prob..

zdepth
07-30-2008, 04:44 PM
just remember... the shop is in ampang park & NOT yow chuan plaza... the one in Yow Chuan Plaza is called 'Ultimate' ... 2 different shops altogether...

blue03
07-31-2008, 07:30 AM
correct. the shop is in ampang park. btw thx kaloi-sabah for your kind reply. I played a couple of times with the plus version, and it works fine with me, only that I can really feel the length of the racquet during a game, especially on my 1hbh. serves and forehand works awesome.

I will go to the shop next week and grab the plus version if it's available there, but if none, then i just grab the standard version.
thx again.

btw, I will say to uncle raymond that my friend quote me rm430 for the stick from his shop :)

SpEeDyZ
07-31-2008, 10:18 AM
It does not matter where you are origin from.. as long as you speak English with the shop owner and not speaking Malay, you should be fine.. with my reference, you should have no prob.. i will talk to him again latter,.. no worry..

The racquet comes unstrung,,, if you want to have a babolat string, then you must add RM40 (around USD 12) for the racquet to get it strung.. you can have any other strings that available in the shop, and it will be charged accordingly.. no prob..

Alright thanks a ton for doing all this now I just hope that he isnt out of stock when I get there ( hopefully he wont be ) !

Thanks a ton mate ! Is there anything I can do for you ? Just let me know! please!

SpEeDyZ
08-01-2008, 03:15 AM
How far away is Ampang Park from Jalan Ampang ?

sw00sh
08-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Hope this helps: http://www.kuala-lumpur.ws/maps/

SpEeDyZ
08-01-2008, 08:47 AM
OMG Ampang Park Complex is just some feet away from our apartment ( where we will be staying ) ( Sucassa ) ( hopefully ).... cool. .. and thanks for the link !

zdepth
08-01-2008, 12:06 PM
sucasa is on the same row as ampang park... both of them
on Jalan Ampang. Sucasa has tennis courts!!! Great place to stay in.

kaloi-sabah
08-02-2008, 04:17 PM
blue03 and zdept, where is Yow Chuan Plaza? sorry to ask.. please provide a direction and a landmark.. thanks

phoenicks
08-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi, I am wondering If they sell Babolat APD ( no cortex ) in the ampang park shop. Has been searching for it evrywher, but to no avail....

kaloi-sabah
08-03-2008, 03:07 PM
YEs.. APD no cortex is available too at ampang park shop.. you can get it there

FedAxed
08-04-2008, 07:16 AM
Beware of the shops mentioned. Some of them sell demo racquets as originals and/or fakes. Try to get them to verify its authenticity, if possible.

If it's too good to be true, it's probably not legit...

zdepth
08-05-2008, 12:40 AM
Beware of the shops mentioned. Some of them sell demo racquets as originals and/or fakes. Try to get them to verify its authenticity, if possible.

If it's too good to be true, it's probably not legit...

Only a true tennis enthusiast who knows the scene in Kuala Lumpur
would have said that... u know, i know.... hehehe...

FedAxed
08-05-2008, 02:03 AM
Got burned buying a Babolat in China. Someone's so called shop recommendation as well. Quite a good fake and could not really complain for 25 quid!

I'll stick to TW or JJBs... :)

Azlan5570
08-05-2008, 04:51 AM
KBLADE MASIH BARU DI BELI DARI KEDAI DAVID DI AMPANG pada JUN 2008 UTK DI JUAL RM 450.00 . I was thinking about getting rid of my KBlade Tour and trading it for the APDC. Email lan5570@yahoo.com

sw00sh
08-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Hey Azlan, apa khabar? Kenapa nak jual begitu cepat? Tak sesuai?
What were you using prior to the kBlade?

kaloi-sabah
08-05-2008, 07:39 PM
FedAxed.. Have you buy any racquets from the shop in Ampang Park (Mr David Shop?).. I can guarantee you all the items sell there are authentic.. I know the fake and authentic.. ok

lotusvale80
08-06-2008, 01:01 AM
in indonesia, apd costs about 155 usd, apdc about 165 usd, and jack kramer's about 253 usd( but i think this was a ripoff )

bagung
08-06-2008, 03:54 AM
in indonesia, apd costs about 155 usd, apdc about 165 usd, and jack kramer's about 253 usd( but i think this was a ripoff )

the jack kramer you mentioned is the limited edition one? millenium ?

Azlan5570
08-06-2008, 04:25 AM
[QUOTE=sw00sh;2586124]Hey Azlan, apa khabar? Kenapa nak jual begitu cepat? Tak sesuai?
What were you using prior to the kBlade?[/QUOTE

Sebelum ini saya guna racket Pure Drive Team. I've try the K(Blade) Tour, it's about perfect for me except that 18/20 string pattern kind of has me turned off. After trying out a friend's APDC, I'm leaning toward APDC since it is soooo much fun to hit with and that tennis is all about. :)

Azlan5570
08-06-2008, 04:30 AM
Sebelum ini saya guna racket Pure Drive Team. I've try the K(Blade) Tour, it's about perfect for me except that 18/20 string pattern kind of has me turned off. After trying out a friend's APDC, I'm leaning toward APDC since it is soooo much fun to hit with and that tennis is all about.

lotusvale80
08-06-2008, 07:44 AM
the jack kramer you mentioned is the limited edition one? millenium ?

i'm not quite sure actually. i only tried swingin with it once a while ago. the seller did say it was limited, but i doubt it as they always say those kinda things anyway.
however, as i can remember the shape is nothing like the old wood rackets. the throat looks like ps85 look i believe, but it says jack kramer something...edition.
anything like this exists?

EDIT

yes i found it. i think it looks like this:
http://www.woodtennis.com/kramer/jkme84new.jpg

sw00sh
08-06-2008, 08:07 AM
[QUOTE=sw00sh;2586124]Hey Azlan, apa khabar? Kenapa nak jual begitu cepat? Tak sesuai?
What were you using prior to the kBlade?[/QUOTE

Sebelum ini saya guna racket Pure Drive Team. I've try the K(Blade) Tour, it's about perfect for me except that 18/20 string pattern kind of has me turned off. After trying out a friend's APDC, I'm leaning toward APDC since it is soooo much fun to hit with and that tennis is all about. :)

oh i see. from PDT to KBT, quite drastic change. yeah, i dont really prefer the dense string pattern myself.
oh well, yeap, more fun when you play with the racket you like. what's on at david's shop? might be heading back on 23 Aug. any good buy? :)

kaloi-sabah
08-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Azlan.. I can see the prob.. PDT and KBT is 180 degree apart.. KBT is a player racquet while PDT can be consider a border line player and tweener racquet.. Player racquet is demanding, heavier, and you need to have a sound stroke to handle it.. full concentration and lastly FIT.. if you are a recreational player, then KBT is not for you.. PDT, or APD, APDC will be less demanding and more suitable..

I used to play with demanding racquet for many years such as PS6.0 85, PS6.0 95, POG Mid, Head Prestige Classis/Tour Mid, ncode tour 90, ps tour 90.. and guess what? all of these are in my closet already.. works + family + age make me switch to more forgiving racquet.. now i used AG300.. light, easy to handle, have control, fun.. and most importing things is that I can still run and stroke in the 2nd set!

bagung
08-06-2008, 05:07 PM
i'm not quite sure actually. i only tried swingin with it once a while ago. the seller did say it was limited, but i doubt it as they always say those kinda things anyway.
however, as i can remember the shape is nothing like the old wood rackets. the throat looks like ps85 look i believe, but it says jack kramer something...edition.
anything like this exists?

EDIT

yes i found it. i think it looks like this:
http://www.woodtennis.com/kramer/jkme84new.jpg

yes...that is the one i saw in Metro tennis in jakarta.....

kaloi-sabah
08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
lotusvale80

How much Yonex RDS 001 MP, Yonex RDS002 in Jakarta? Is Yonex available there? It seems Yonex tennis does not fare well in KL..

lotusvale80
08-06-2008, 08:44 PM
kaloi-sabah, i dunno if i can go check out the prices as i'll be pretty busy in the next two weeks or so, and the thing i don't like about here is that you can never go inside a store just to check on stuffs without them giving you the pessimist look:)
..unless ... bagung are you from jakarta as well? if he is, then he might be able to help you out.
also, bagung did you see any other grip sizes of the JK racquet? i only saw the 4 3/8 last time and it's too big really although the racquet i found pretty stable and good swing speed

bagung
08-06-2008, 10:30 PM
the yonex that is available in jakarta....
rds 001 mid, MP,
rdx-500,
rds 002, 003..

bagung
08-06-2008, 10:34 PM
lotusvale80,
i stay in bandung....
i did not know about the grip size of JK............ sorry, as i found the racquet is too light for my taste....

Blank
08-06-2008, 11:35 PM
^^ bagung, i may be visiting Bandung in a couple of weeks.

Do you know any tennis shops in Bandung? (and their addresses too, if possible :) )

Thanks

bagung
08-07-2008, 12:16 AM
SMASH SHOP in jalan Merak is the biggest one in bandung.. they also have the other store in jalan Buah batu....
it depends what are you looking for....?

sw00sh
08-07-2008, 04:13 AM
hi bagung, how much is the Yonex selling? can you email me at hwameng@hotmail.com for the prices.

thanks.

kaloi-sabah
08-07-2008, 05:09 AM
Dear Bagung.. would like to know the price of Yonex RDS002 in Bandung or Jakarta?

thanks

zdepth
08-07-2008, 11:02 PM
yeah.. we can never ever find yonex in Malaysia

hellojeffo
08-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Hi guys, I think Bangkok would be a nice place to buy...
I saw the RDS001 and RQiS 1 Tour for a price of RM560... and if you do the VAT Refund at the airport, you can minus 7% off the price... GOOD DEAL EH?!

hellojeffo
08-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Anyways, You can find it at Central World at the Pratumwan area, at the Yonex Store. Good service, and they speak enough English to communicate...

zdepth
08-09-2008, 05:27 PM
dont they have yonex tennis racquets in singapore?

sw00sh
08-09-2008, 09:36 PM
hi hellojeffo,
I do agree about the yonex in bkk (central world), great offer. unfortunately you never know what model or gripsize they have on offer.

zdepth,
they do have Yonex here in Sg. the price is quite steep thought, about SGD280 for new models.

zdepth
08-16-2008, 12:01 AM
thats around $660 ringgit... quite ok for made in japan stuff..
may I know where in singapore can i get them?

bagung
08-16-2008, 03:58 AM
Dear Bagung.. would like to know the price of Yonex RDS002 in Bandung or Jakarta?

thanks

about usd 200

SpEeDyZ
08-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Alright people I am back from Malaysia and it was one hell of a vacation. I really enjoyed the 2 weeks I spent in Malaysia but the 2 days which stand out the most were the one's we spend in Lankawi which is the most beautiful place I have seen in my life! and to further add we stayed in Berjaya ( we had a chalet on water thankfully ) which made that stay even more memorable ................
I also stayed for 2 nights in Penang which was also a good place ............. a night in Genting highland which was awesome sadly I was too young for the Genting Casino :D ... I also went to Putrajaya which was also great................... I spend some 8 days in KL and overall it was a great tour .... above my expectations .......

now about the racquet well... it is a story of its own ....... I went to topper in Ampang Park one day and the shopkeeper agreed to sell it to me for 470 ringgit like Adi posted here I had the money but I strangely I dont know why did not buy it then ... I decided to come back another day with my parents ( I know it sounds weird but ....... I dunoo) ... so I again went to topper 2 days later with my parents and PDR's were all sold out :( ... I felt like crying ... then I remembered someone had mentioned that there were many sport shops in a complex near Sogo ( it was already 8 pm ) .... So I quickly went to that complex ( I forgot its name it started with P ) ... for the first 10 mins I couldnt find a sport shop there but then I finally found some .. most of them were already closed .... I went to the first couple of shops but they did not have Babolat Racquets but then finally I found a shop which had that racquet and he sold be that racquet with Babolat guts for 510 Ringgits ...... so I ended up paying 40 ringgits more than expected but in the end I got my racquet which is what matters...

Thanks once again to everyone .... :D especially Adi ....

SpEeDyZ
08-19-2008, 07:22 AM
oh I just remembered the name of that complex was Pernama ..... I think

sw00sh
08-19-2008, 08:33 AM
hey SpEeDyZ, its Pertama Complex :D.

congrats on the purchase anyway. glad to hear you had a great time in M'sia.

sw00sh
08-19-2008, 08:34 AM
thats around $660 ringgit... quite ok for made in japan stuff..
may I know where in singapore can i get them?

You can try the shops in Queensway.