PDA

View Full Version : Question for Breakpoint and NickB- Vantage 90

nalk7
07-28-2008, 06:27 AM
Thanx for checking out my thread. So I was hoping if you guys might be able to point out differences and similarities between the k90 and the vantage custom 90. Im actually pretty happy with my k90's, but Im always open on trying out new things. thnx in advanced :)

Cavaleer
07-28-2008, 08:09 AM
The Vantage feels much more solid and pure than the K90. I played with some K90s briefly after I had purchased my Vantages and the Wilson felt cheap, the material itself just did not feel solid, strong and high quality.

The Vantages also have a little more power, more along the lines of the Tour 90.

The one disadvantage of the Vantages, lol, is that the throat is shorter than it is on Head's and Wilson's and Dunlops, which results in the racquet feeling longer than it is. For me this proved to be a fatal flaw as I've recently switched to the Head Microgel Prestige Mid.

The MG Mid also has an 18X20 string pattern and considerably less power. For me this entire combination is absolute tennis bliss.

The Vantages are definitely worth a try. They're very pure, give tons of feel and feel wonderful on impact.

They just had too much power for me.

You should also try the Dunlop AG 100's which are superb, and the K-Blade Tour. The Dunlop has an open string pattern but the K-Blade has 18X20.

The string pattern makes a much bigger difference than I originally thought it would.

If you decide you like the Vantages I have two 90s that I'd be more than happy to selll you for pennies on the dollar.

Email me at cavvaleer@gmail.com

BreakPoint
07-28-2008, 11:58 AM
In addition to what Cavaleer said above, my Vantage 90 is RA 63 but it plays stiffer and is more powerful than my AK90. It also has a crisper, sharper, more raw feel to it. It is one very solid feeling racquet.

nalk7
07-28-2008, 01:57 PM
thnx guys. cavaleer, Ill definitely send you an email when I get to college, which is in about two and a half weeks. just let me settle in, but I'm definitely interested in trying them out :D