PDA

View Full Version : Head prestige mid plus v wilson k blade 98

lufc1989
07-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Iíve heard good reviews from both and currently have both on demo. Both feel good and I wanted some opinions from people who have used them in order to help make a decision. I am using a pure drive at the moment but wanted a racket less powerful to gain more control. Any help would be appreciated.

lufc1989
07-29-2008, 03:23 AM
no one has tried these rackets then? someone must be able to give some advice.

tarkowski
07-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Hey luf,

The MG Prestige MP has a lower SW and is more HL. It has a lot less power than the KBlade 98. If you're coming from a Babolat, the KBlade 98 won't be as drastic a switch, but will still provide plenty more control. The KBlade 98 provides a bit more pop on defensive shots out wide. With the Head, you better be swingin'. :-)

ESP#1
07-29-2008, 08:23 PM
The prestige has a better feel, more control but is not as forgiving so you better bring your A game, the kblade 98 would almost qualify as a tweener, good control though and plenty pop,so over all depends on your level and what youre looking for, personally i prefer the prestige

tennis_hand
07-29-2008, 08:39 PM
prestige mp is good, if not for the grip shape.

kblade 98 is a bit light. it will be good if it has the same weight as the kblade tour or that of prestige mp

bertrevert
07-29-2008, 09:36 PM
Perhaps you should compare the MPMP to the KBT rather than the 98. The 98 is tweener territory and I have never thought of Prestiges as tweeners.

lufc1989
07-30-2008, 03:49 AM
I had considered the KBT but the small head size put me off as it would be too different to any racket I had used.

bertrevert
07-30-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes yes I know you see 93 and go ohmygod, tell you what, grab the 93 and lay it on top of any 95 or 98 and you'll see the physical difference is marginal, while yes the playing difference is more pronounced. But if you are used to the small sweetspot of prestiges then the KBT will offer no hurdles. This really is a control racq with a tad more power than most MIDs.

Still you're coming from a PD, then waht about the Bab LTD 95 that they recently released?

SlapShot
07-31-2008, 06:27 AM
I usually swing a Flexpoint Prestige MP, and last night, gave the KBlade 98 a spin.

Ignoring the differences in string setup (the KBlade was strung with full PHT, I use a myriad of semi-soft strings strung up tight) and the fact that my Prestiges have been customized to about 12.5 oz strung, the KBlade is a pretty different stick.

I found that the KBlade served reasonably well, but I really found it to feel unstable compared to my Prestige. It felt slightly stiffer, which may have been part strings, but the flex felt odd.