PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Max 200G graphics fading

improlumens
07-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Greetings,

It is widely known the decal (graphics) of this great frame fade with time, and I am wondering if anybody who has extensive use with one of these has any feedback.

Is the fading caused by handling during play, or are they so sensitive as to be affected by even indirect sunlight?

If you have a 200G in nice shape with good graphics and want to preserve them, is it necessary to keep this one out of the light, or would displaying it in indirect sunlight be safe for the appearance?

Thanks!

jorel
07-29-2008, 09:07 AM
place it in a lock box

hrstrat57
07-29-2008, 05:17 PM
It is what they do. I have one nearly unhit that remains clear.....the other 2? Well they are defin stealth sticks now:)

Just makes em cooler if you ask me....

1hand4ever
07-29-2008, 07:18 PM
I just ignore the paint on my racquet. A beat up racquet is the mark of a true player :)

Zielmann
07-29-2008, 07:23 PM
I just ignore the paint on my racquet. A beat up racquet is the mark of a true player :)

Unless you're a sponsored pro, in which case you get tons of brand new racquets all the time.

ilian
08-12-2008, 07:27 PM
They all fade like that, because the paint that Dunlop used back in those days wasn't very thick. It doesn't matter if you have it exposed on the sun or not. It will mainly fade from playing. The exposure to sun is bad for warping for these particular frames since they are so soft.