PDA

View Full Version : Anything similar to the Liquimetal Prestige MP?

(Blank)
07-28-2008, 03:04 PM
I've been playing with a Liquidmetal Prestige MP now for several years and was thinking about a change. Would trying out the Microgel be a good idea?

JW10S
07-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Yes, in my opinion both the MG Prestige MP and the MG Prestige Pro are superior to the LM.

jiericji
07-28-2008, 05:43 PM
imo the microgel is mushy and feels alot different from the lm but the flexpoint mp feels closer to the lm. i mean they are both lm raqcuets just the flexpoint one has flexpoints. lol :)

try upgrading to the tour/pro editions. you might like them... a little heavier though.

TnTBigman
07-28-2008, 06:56 PM
i agree. you'll have an easier transition from the LM Prestige MP if you use the FXP Prestige MP, than if you went straight to the MG.
MG MP is lighter and stiffer. played with it 3 days now and I'm still having timing issues. I must also admit that the MG seems muted- especially on flat serves. But it sure is comfortable to play with.

0d1n
07-29-2008, 12:02 AM
^^ I haven't hit with the MG's yet, but the Flexpoint version is also significantly stiffer in play than the LM...so ... why should he avoid the MG again ??

SlapShot
07-29-2008, 05:38 AM
^^ I haven't hit with the MG's yet, but the Flexpoint version is also significantly stiffer in play than the LM...so ... why should he avoid the MG again ??

I agree - the FXP is much stiffer than the LM, and has a bit more pop.

The MG (from my demos of it) is somehwere between the FXP and LM. The LM was too soft for my tastes, hence the reason I swing the FXP.

TnTBigman
07-30-2008, 03:29 AM
No one said to avoid the MG. I'm just saying, when I moved from the LM to the FP, the transition was much easier.
No timing issues, easier to swing, better . control etc.
Than from the FP to the MG (timing issues and somewhat muted power).

The MG is different