PDA

View Full Version : KSix-One 95

topspin6060
07-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey everyone,
I am currently looking for a new stick and just demoed the Wilson KSix-One 95 racket today. Unfortunately, I read somewhere that this racquet is not very good on the arm. Is this true?

Topspin...

nalk7
07-28-2008, 03:31 PM
nonsense. although I never really liked the k95, I grew up playing with the pro staff classic 6.1 (k95's ancestor). If you got good technique I dont see why these frames would hurt you. If you like it stick with it. If you can try the ncode version of it, do it. In my opinion the ncode is better than the kfactor. good luck ;)

Blask
07-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I've had tennis elbow problems since I was 13 years old (currently 31) and have battled with it over my tennis career. I now hit with the K six-one (16x18) and haven't had any issues with it.

chris_ah1
07-28-2008, 04:19 PM
I found the n95 to be a much nicer racket overall for comfort - less stiff feeling and better control, but with less power.

If you have elbow problems perhaps a babolat, or aerogel from dunlop or even a speedport would be good options to try.

Still, if you play for 2hours straight with the k95 you will soon discover if it is ok for your elbow.

First rule however is to not overstress yourself when playing and injuries will be reduced.

Even the head prestige might be an option.

However, the k95 is perfectly fine comfort wise. It will only hurt if you are too weak to be using a properly heavy racket. Or your technique is poor and it results in many mis-hits jarring your arm.

topspin6060
07-28-2008, 04:20 PM
Thank you both, and for the record...one of the best sticks I've ever hit with. Even though I'm only 15 haha. So controlled and was hitting like a madman.

topspin6060
07-28-2008, 04:22 PM
i've never had arm problems and have a pretty strong arm, however, i just don't want to risk absolutely anything...can't be a professional tennis player with tennis elbow

I found the n95 to be a much nicer racket overall for comfort - less stiff feeling and better control, but with less power.

If you have elbow problems perhaps a babolat, or aerogel from dunlop or even a speedport would be good options to try.

Still, if you play for 2hours straight with the k95 you will soon discover if it is ok for your elbow.

First rule however is to not overstress yourself when playing and injuries will be reduced.

Even the head prestige might be an option.

However, the k95 is perfectly fine comfort wise. It will only hurt if you are too weak to be using a properly heavy racket. Or your technique is poor and it results in many mis-hits jarring your arm.

Ian Stewart
07-28-2008, 04:22 PM
Hey everyone,
I am currently looking for a new stick and just demoed the Wilson KSix-One 95 racket today. Unfortunately, I read somewhere that this racquet is not very good on the arm. Is this true?
Topspin...

It doesn't matter what other people think. :) All this stuff is subjective anyway. Pain itself is subjective (ask any MD). Try the stick in match conditions and see how your arm is after serving for three sets. There is NO SUBSTITUTE for experience. Go and find out for yourself. Let us know what you find.

FWIW I use the K95 16x18 and I love it. No arm problems.

Satch
07-28-2008, 04:24 PM
no problem for me...