PDA

View Full Version : The regular Pro Storm is an incredible racket

Connors
07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
For those who don't like the 11.5 plus heavier rackets but still want a "player's racket" with the thinner beam but solid pop, the Pure Storm at 11 oz strung is superb.

It is so maneuverable but yet so playable for an advanced player. It serves beautifully, volleys great and allows baseliners to hit big flat shots or put great spin on the ball.

The 98 sq. inch is perfect, not too small, not too big.

The stiffness is great too, as well as the string pattern. Just a great racket for a 4.0-6.0 player.

Kirko
07-28-2008, 06:09 PM
For those who don't like the 11.5 plus heavier rackets but still want a "player's racket" with the thinner beam but solid pop, the Pure Storm at 11 oz strung is superb.

It is so maneuverable but yet so playable for an advanced player. It serves beautifully, volleys great and allows baseliners to hit big flat shots or put great spin on the ball.

The stiffness is great too, as well as the string pattern. Just a great racket for a 4.0-6.0 player.

agreed. I demoed it, but went with the pure drive plus. really agree on the string pattern.

B-rian
07-28-2008, 06:26 PM
same here I borrowed my friend's pure storm and never gave it bacc :twisted: he said I could use it for as long as I want though :)

spkyEngrish
07-28-2008, 07:10 PM
You got me good... wasted 2 minutes of my life searching for a "Pro Storm" before I reread your OP.:rolleyes:

Fedace
07-28-2008, 07:12 PM

Doesn't this have a very HIGH swingweight ?? which is not a good thing

roundiesee
07-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Connors, do you get any elbow pain playing with it? Thanks.

tennis_hand
07-28-2008, 07:34 PM
he is talking about the non-Tour version, i think.

braves08
07-28-2008, 07:39 PM
I have the Pure Storm and it does not cause me elbow pains. I used to get elbow pains from serving while using the Yonex RDX 500 mid probably due to its higher weight of 11.9 oz strung. The Pure Storm is a great racket for serves while it tends to be less stable for volleys. I love this racket and will be experimenting with a little lead tape this week.

Connors
07-28-2008, 07:57 PM
I am talking about the non-tour version. The swingweight is a very solid 315, or right about that. It's 3 points head light at 11 oz. Some have the swingweight at 312, others closer to 320. I think it's about 315. Feels solid, but not heavy at all.

I think it's Babolat's best stick ever. But, then again, I can't handle the real heavy rackets. My one friend feels the old Babolat Pure Control Standard is the finest ever. That's a bit too heavy for me though--close to 12 oz. strung with a swingweight around 330.

NO elbow pain for me.

Kirko
07-28-2008, 09:22 PM
I am talking about the non-tour version. The swingweight is a very solid 315, or right about that. It's 3 points head light at 11 oz. Some have the swingweight at 312, others closer to 320. I think it's about 315. Feels solid, but not heavy at all.

I think it's Babolat's best stick ever. But, then again, I can't handle the real heavy rackets. My one friend feels the old Babolat Pure Control Standard is the finest ever. That's a bit too heavy for me though--close to 12 oz. strung with a swingweight around 330.

NO elbow pain for me.

thats the "sticky" point with this frame; is the weight, though the storm tour at 11.8 oz. is maybe a bit too stout. I guess I just can't admit there are rackets at this weight that play so well. I think 'm going in the right direction. I use the pure drive plus with lead (11.8 oz). I'm playing I'm a young guy again. it just like NoBad Mojo said "bat speed".

Hankenstein
07-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Has anyone used the older Pure Storm TEAM and can compare it with the new regular Pure Storm?

I know I played quit a bit with the Pure Control Zylon 360 back in 2002 i think it was and from what i understand, the Pure Storm Team is almost a repainted Pure Control Zylon. Havn´t tried the actual storm team neither the new Pure storm.

Connors
07-29-2008, 05:37 AM
thats the "sticky" point with this frame; is the weight, though the storm tour at 11.8 oz. is maybe a bit too stout. I guess I just can't admit there are rackets at this weight that play so well. I think 'm going in the right direction. I use the pure drive plus with lead (11.8 oz). I'm playing I'm a young guy again. it just like NoBad Mojo said "bat speed".

There's a place on the Pure Storm to put lead. It's marked at 12:00. Put .2 or .3 oz of lead there and you'll get that little extra weight and power you're looking for. It won't be as heavy as the "Tour" either.

If you want to keep the same balance, put .2 oz of lead at the top and .2 oz under the grip. You'll be looking at a 11.4 oz stick that will still be a bit more maneuverable than the Tour version. Either way, these sticks have much more playability than the Pure Drives, in my opinion.

hoodjem
07-29-2008, 08:04 AM
I haven't tried the Pure Storm Regular. I tried the Pure Storm Tour. Based on my hitting with the PST, wouldn't the PSR be "too" light? (The PST did not at all seem heavy--felt quite solid IMO.)

neverstopplaying
07-29-2008, 07:30 PM
I also enjoy the PS (nonTour), but I added weight in the handle to make it 9pts head light.

Great for volleys and still solid at the baseline.