PDA

View Full Version : New Fischer Frame - Progessor

ndtennis
07-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Fischer came out with their new racquet the Progressor. It brings back the vacuum technolgoly. 98 head 27.25inches. I hit with today and felt really nice. Felt stiffer from other fischer racquets but def another good racquet from Fischer.

Hankenstein
07-28-2008, 11:23 PM
It looks like this BTW; (Fischer Progressor)

http://www.sportmueller-pocking.de/catalog/images/fischer08_progressor_.jpg

http://www.centercourt.de/out/oxbaseshop/html/0/dyn_images/z1/fischer_progressor_7_z1.gif

sargeinaz
07-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Does anyone know the other specs on it? Nice paint job thats for sure.

crism54
07-29-2008, 12:53 AM
can you tell to us the weight and other impressions?
string pattern in the photo is 16*19.

Automatix
07-29-2008, 02:01 AM
Headsize: 98 in² (630 cm²)
Length: 69,5 cm
Weight: 300 g
Balance: 320 mm
Beam: 22 mm
Construction: AirCarbon

I am somewhat disapointed... I was counting on a new players frame...

crism54
07-29-2008, 05:00 AM
the frame seems identical to the old pro tour ft or similar old versions.

daveyboy
07-29-2008, 05:08 AM
I talked with someone inside fischer, her thought was that it will be a frame to take the place of the Pro 1 FT, although from what you guys have posted, it might be the pro tour ft. I don't remember when she said it will be available, but I'll add it to the bag. I've had a ton of students looking for a replacement to the Pro 1 ft, and this could be it.

Djokovicfan4life
07-29-2008, 06:01 AM
Man, 300 grams? I need a lot more weight than that in my frames.

ismashall
07-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Headsize: 98 in² (630 cm²)
Length: 69,5 cm
Weight: 300 g
Balance: 320 mm
Beam: 22 mm
Construction: AirCarbon

I talked with someone inside fischer, her thought was that it will be a frame to take the place of the Pro 1 FT, although from what you guys have posted, it might be the pro tour ft. I don't remember when she said it will be available, but I'll add it to the bag. I've had a ton of students looking for a replacement to the Pro 1 ft, and this could be it.

If the listed specs for this new racquet are correct, then it is different from both the Pro Tour FT and the Pro No. 1 FT. The Pro No. 1 FT had a tapered beam (25mm head) and weighed 300 grams. The Pro No. 1 had a constant beam of about 20mm and weighed 325 grams. With that, the new Progressor might take the place of the Pro No. 1 FT in that it has a similar weight, similar length, and same headsize.

Let's hope it feels much more solid than the Pro No. 1 FT. That model was one of the biggest letdowns I've encountered in tennis racquets.

ndtennis
07-29-2008, 11:25 AM
prob will come out sometime august

mdjenders
07-29-2008, 11:32 AM
glad to see them still making racquets. I was a bit worried after they lost their flagship player baghdatis.

ndtennis
07-29-2008, 06:24 PM
glad to see them still making racquets. I was a bit worried after they lost their flagship player baghdatis.

yea that hurt but they still have some up and comings. and not to mention chekvetadze

0d1n
07-30-2008, 12:56 AM

What does losing a sponsored player have to do with Fischer's ability to "make" tennis rackets?? :confused:
They were here long before Baghy showed up on the tour and will hopefully be here long after he's gone.

austro
07-30-2008, 06:08 AM
Looks like another K Factor clone ...

Even though it's actually Fischer colors!

LafayetteHitter
07-30-2008, 07:51 AM
The Pro Tour Extreme was one of my favorite Fischer frames although I rarely like anything over 27". I hope it is similar as the Extreme has become hard to find.

McLovin
07-30-2008, 07:58 AM
If the listed specs for this new racquet are correct, then it is different from both the Pro Tour FT and the Pro No. 1 FT. The Pro No. 1 FT had a tapered beam (25mm head) and weighed 300 grams. The Pro Tour FT had a constant beam of about 20mm and weighed 325 grams. With that, the new Progressor might take the place of the Pro No. 1 FT in that it has a similar weight, similar length, and same headsize.
I'm guessing the bold above is what you really meant?

mdjenders
07-30-2008, 08:39 AM
What does losing a sponsored player have to do with Fischer's ability to "make" tennis rackets?? :confused:
They were here long before Baghy showed up on the tour and will hopefully be here long after he's gone.

IMO, this is a void that can only hurt the brand in the long run. every brand benefits greatly from a high profile "pitch man", and fischer usually has a big gun near the top of the men's rankings like stich, kafelnikov, baghdatis. baggy was clearly good for marketing, since his face was plastered all over the website and packing with the frames.

having a top player with the brand sells frames and lets people watching know that Fischer tennis even exists (hey, whats that cool looking stencil on HIS racquet). Schwank and Starace aren't going to do much for Fischer business wise, and Chaky has stalled a bit.

ollinger
07-30-2008, 09:33 AM
His value was uncertain. Fischer gear has been even more obscure than Volkl, and Volkl much of the time has not had a prominent active player on the payroll. Is there any evidence that Bags did much for Fischer sales? Probably sold a few sticks on Cyprus.

mdjenders
07-30-2008, 09:52 AM
true. he probably meant very little in europe, where fischer seems to have a more well known brand name in tennis. here in the US, where fischer is ultra obscure, every little exposure probably has a bigger effect on sales.

ollinger
07-30-2008, 12:46 PM
If Fischer follows usual form, you'd expect a 325 gram version of this as well.

0d1n
07-31-2008, 01:27 AM
His value was uncertain. Fischer gear has been even more obscure than Volkl, and Volkl much of the time has not had a prominent active player on the payroll. Is there any evidence that Bags did much for Fischer sales? Probably sold a few sticks on Cyprus.

Probably true...even hough I agree that he was a very "marketable" guy, his results were too inconsistent to seriously influence sales on the "world market".

true. he probably meant very little in europe, where fischer seems to have a more well known brand name in tennis. here in the US, where fischer is ultra obscure, every little exposure probably has a bigger effect on sales.

That's true. Fischer is about the 3rd brand (when it comes to popularity/usage among the recreational player crowd) in my "neck of the woods".
First being Head and second probably Babolat. Yes, you heard that right...Fischer is more popular than Wilson around here. Prince doesn't even count ... it's probably just as common as Volkl around here (or less...).
The most common racket model used (by miles and miles) among the guys who play frequently and at a decent level is the Head Radical series, followed by Prestiges.

austro
07-31-2008, 02:59 AM

Fischer isn't that obscure in Europe, especially on the continent. There are entire camps sponsored by it. needless to say, I swear by Fischer rackets....

austro
07-31-2008, 03:01 AM
Can't wait to see a heavier version of this. Although I couldn't be happier than with the M Pro No 1, especially with the new grip shape!

ndtennis
08-07-2008, 03:56 PM
And they are going to continue to include the No Tolerance technology in it

alfa164164
08-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Yes, the no tolerance guarantee will be a part of the Progressor frame.
Wasn't the Pro No. 1 FT 295 grams unstrung vs. 300 for the Progressor?
Still, very similar specs.

ollinger
08-12-2008, 06:38 PM
austro
I was in Hungary and Czech Republic a few years ago -- as close to Austria as one can get without entering the country -- and visited a few pro shops. Saw plenty of Head, Wilson and Prince, less of Babolat and Volkl, no Fischer at all. Likewise in Italy visiting Adrianna Panatta's home club in Montecatini, Italy -- no Fischer at all. I guess they sell them somewhere but I haven't found it.

nycoara
10-31-2008, 02:25 AM
ismashall (Richard Nguyen) is gone with my money!

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=84997

If the listed specs for this new racquet are correct, then it is different from both the Pro Tour FT and the Pro No. 1 FT. The Pro No. 1 FT had a tapered beam (25mm head) and weighed 300 grams. The Pro No. 1 had a constant beam of about 20mm and weighed 325 grams. With that, the new Progressor might take the place of the Pro No. 1 FT in that it has a similar weight, similar length, and same headsize.

Let's hope it feels much more solid than the Pro No. 1 FT. That model was one of the biggest letdowns I've encountered in tennis racquets.

SaunderS
10-31-2008, 02:48 AM
Theres been alot of scamming threads that feature the name Nyugen. I think they are a family. im not sure but they live in San Jose. this guy traded rackets with Charles but Charles did not send his. next day the were being sold on craigslist. report to police. they are internet fraudsters!!