PDA

View Full Version : AeroPro Drive or Pure drive?

greenfan
07-28-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm about to change my rackets and switch to Babolat from HEAD. I've played several times with an AeroPro Drive Cortex and really like the control and power. I don't know but I had the feeling that this racket suits my game.
I've never tried the Pure Drive and would like to ask what are the differences between these two sticks, before buying one.....

2nd_Serve
07-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Well...Your signature says your going to change to an Aeropro Drive.

And since you get that "instinct", I think you should follow it. You can't really go wrong with it. Tons of spin, contorl, and power.

Pure Drive is almost the same except it feels a bit hollow, but soft, so it doesn't feel as hollow <-- Sorry that doesn't make sense.

And it doesn't have as much spin, but more power. Control I'd say is the same, so it really depends on the player.

DarthCow
07-29-2008, 02:20 AM
As a 5.0 player i think you should go with the APDC.
Its got a higher swingweight, more headlight, and its more flexible.But not by much.

roddick89
07-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Do you mean the Pure Drive team or pure drive cortex?
I've just swithced back to my old Pure Drive Teams.

coolblue123
07-29-2008, 05:39 AM
don't know why but having played with two. I felt the APDC was alittle more arm friendly than the PDC? Also, I thought (at least with me on the courts), power was very similar. Thinking about swapping from a RDS 003 to a APDC as well.

Felt I needed some extra power on my shots.

GPB
07-29-2008, 05:45 AM
I have a friend who has an APDC and a PDR, and he likes the heft and power of the PDR over the consistency of the APDC. But everybody's game is different...

martin
07-29-2008, 06:05 AM
apdc has less power and feels softer than the pdc.

Il Mostro
07-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Go with your guts. For me the APDC is a better all courter racquet. It is extremely comfortable (soft but not that "buttery" flexy feeling) and better for net play. APDC control is better. If you are a dedicated baseliner the PD would be a better choice.

Guamanian G
07-29-2008, 08:04 AM
I thought the two were extremely similar except for the aeromodular throat of the APDC and the APDC is more arm friendly.
I also hear that the PD gives TE a lot easier.

SpEeDyZ
07-29-2008, 10:24 AM
it is a lot more stiffer than the APDC

greenfan
07-29-2008, 12:59 PM
I have the same feeling that APDC is a better all court racket. Although I'm more of a baseliner, I can use some good volleys. I think I might stick with my first choice the APDC....