PDA

View Full Version : V1 generations/question regarding names

Tenny
01-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Chris or other TW staffs!

I am about to return my demo kit (V1 10 yr, C10 pro, PS6.0 85, Slaz X1). Thanks for your great service. I've got some questions to ask.

1. Many names are based on their technology (Liquid metal, catapult etc). But what about "Quantum" or "ProStaff"?

2. I really like V1. But the problem is there are total 4 models and 3 of them are being sold at TW for similar price. I've read the feedbacks and will demo quantum and cat version someday but am curious how they compare and which one is considered than the others for what reason etc (if you can answer this question). It's confusing because some say quantum is more precise while the other says it's least liked among three and so on.

3. During the demo session with four racquets, I felt a litte bit of wrist pain. I found V1 is very comfortable. Is 85 less comfortable than the others?

Thanks!

Tenny.

TW Staff
01-27-2005, 12:10 PM
. Both the Quantum and Pro Staff names represent a family of racquets with similar features. For example, Pro Staff racquets tend to be head light, player's racquets with PWS.
2. I recommend you demo all the racquets you are interested in before making your selection.
3. The Pro Staff 85 is a very demanding racquet. It should not be compared to a racquet such as the Quantum V1 as these racquets are aimed at different player levels. The Pro Staff 85 makes a great choice for a 5.0+ level player, while the Quantum V1 would be well suited to a 3.5+ level player. It seems you picked three player’s racquets and one ‘tweener. If you preferred the playability of the V1, then you should demo racquets with similar specs - weight, balance, headsize and swing weight. Try the Babolat Pure Power Zylon 360, ProKennex Core1 No. 20 and the Volkl Catapult V1. You will find each racquet offers similar traits, but each with its own unique feel and response.

An educated racquet choice is one that follows much demoing.

As for your wrist pain, that could be caused from a multitude of things and I would look at all aspects of your game - not just the racquet. Even the pros suffer wrist pain and might have to make adjustments to technique, grip shape and size and string choice etc. You may even find that something completely non-tennis related is the cause.

Chris, TW.

Tenny
01-27-2005, 02:29 PM
. Both the Quantum and Pro Staff names represent a family of racquets with similar features. For example, Pro Staff racquets tend to be head light, player's racquets with PWS.
2. I recommend you demo all the racquets you are interested in before making your selection.
3. The Pro Staff 85 is a very demanding racquet. It should not be compared to a racquet such as the Quantum V1 as these racquets are aimed at different player levels. The Pro Staff 85 makes a great choice for a 5.0+ level player, while the Quantum V1 would be well suited to a 3.5+ level player. It seems you picked three player’s racquets and one ‘tweener. If you preferred the playability of the V1, then you should demo racquets with similar specs - weight, balance, headsize and swing weight. Try the Babolat Pure Power Zylon 360, ProKennex Core1 No. 20 and the Volkl Catapult V1. You will find each racquet offers similar traits, but each with its own unique feel and response.

An educated racquet choice is one that follows much demoing.

As for your wrist pain, that could be caused from a multitude of things and I would look at all aspects of your game - not just the racquet. Even the pros suffer wrist pain and might have to make adjustments to technique, grip shape and size and string choice etc. You may even find that something completely non-tennis related is the cause.

Chris, TW.

Thanks Chris, it really helps.

Regarding the wrist pain, it wasn't that serious. I have been playing tennis for 3 years but only had the pain twice-one with puredirve and this time. That's why I thought maybe I should be more careful with one of the racquets I am demoing. I am currently happily playing PS6.0 95. I guess I will stick with it for a while (or maybe forever). Although I like V1, I found it plays too differently so it would be my main playing stick. Just for fun maybe or for my son. Thanks a lot, have a good day
Tenny.