PDA

View Full Version : I need your help!

adams_1
07-29-2008, 04:54 AM
A couple of hours ago I got back from my regular weekly lesson. Just before I arrived, Mr Coach Man (that is his real name) had popped a string, so he went off and grabbed his spare racquet. Why am I telling you this? I'm curious now, and I need your help to identify it :P

Unfortunately, I didn't catch a model name, and I couldn't read any specs. What I do know is that it's a Bridgestone. Grey/silver in colour. Looked to be around 95 sq in, give or take a few. 16x19 (I think, not sure about the crosses). Felt fairly headlight. Hard for me to tell though, I only had a few quick serves with it. I'm not sure where he got it, but I think it was from someone in Australia.

I'd just ask him, but I can't wait a week to find out. Besides, it might be a bit of a test for you :D

adams_1
07-31-2008, 03:57 AM
Anybody? Come on, you're a clever lot!

Rorsach
07-31-2008, 04:00 AM
Do you have any idea how many Bridgestone racquets you've just described?

Here, have a look and try to find the correct one:

http://list4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/2084214064-category-leaf.html

adams_1
07-31-2008, 04:06 AM
I know, and I know it's a long shot, but I thought it was worth a try :P

The fact that it was sold in Australia 5-10 years ago might narrow it down though, as they haven't been available here (or anywhere else but Japan, I guess) for quite some time.

Rorsach
07-31-2008, 04:10 AM
Well, seeing as everyone can place a bid on that page i just listed (with a few work-arounds), there are several ways to get a Bridgestone racquet.

Too bad almost all information about the vintage Bridgestones (which is very little) is in Japanese.