PDA

View Full Version : vapor 5 on har-tru

topspinmonkey5
07-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Anyone tried them on har-tru? How do they do? I play 50-50 hartru and hard courts..

weaselberry
07-29-2008, 06:57 AM
I bought a couple of pair of the Vs after realizing my stash of vapor S2s won't last forever. The Vs are the best looking vapors in the past three years, but still not as cool looking as the S2. The vapor S2, in my opinion, has the greatest clay court sole you're gonna find unless you can pick up some of the shoes the pros get around April every year. Since I play 95% of my tennis these days on clay and I am athletic and slide a lot (on purpose), I was skeptical about the soles of the Vs. I got the black mesh ones and a pair of the white with the navy soles. Both get my thumbs up. On dry dusty days, the black mesh ones get pretty green... But nothing a hosing off won't cure.

I run two pairs of shoes at a time because it's hot down here and a lot of times they aren't totally dry the next day. That and I usually play twice a day on the weekends and they surely aren't dry by the afternoon.

-wb

PlayTheClay
07-30-2008, 06:10 AM
It is endorsed by Har-Tru and it plays extremely well on the clay.

bertrevert
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
I've used vapor 4 on clay (brown powdery) and the herringbone fills up too quick but sliding is good, it's a fast shoe so but I prefer "chunkier, clunkier" shoes on clay to slow me down and provide support. Vapor 4 on srtificial grass is a dream.

benne
07-30-2008, 11:13 PM
it's sick on hartru, the cages do fair better but amazing shoe if you're going back for hard courts and hartru (i do.)