PDA

View Full Version : New Sharapova Racquet

larry10s
07-29-2008, 04:59 AM
Maria Sharapova says she has been struggling with her shoulder since March and will be playing with a new racquet in Montreal.

"Ever since Indian Wells and that backhand incident, I haven't been able to get my arm up and close to my head without some sort of impingement and grinding, so I've been trying different rackets with different weight balances that are a bit more flexible and the strings looser to get as much tension away from my arm as possible," she said on her official website. "So for the last week I have been playing with a new frame."

anyone have any info?

PED
07-29-2008, 05:16 AM
An interview from last year with Roman Prokes indicated that Maria is very sensitive to even incremental amounts of weight change in her sticks. In other words, she's a gearhead to to some extent. I would imagine that with her arm problems, she's dropped her tension from the 61/63 setup she was using at the Pac Life. The good thing about the Prince sticks is that with the holes, it's pretty easy to see what she's using. She's continued to use her 03 white instead of the speedport, so I would think she's tinkered some with the layup of that frame to give her something a little bit softer and comfy.

10sbune
07-29-2008, 09:47 AM
on another thread in this forum a poster states she's going to be using the Speedport Black in Montreal and at the Olympics.....but who knows until she walks on the court with it....

FedExpress
07-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Maria Sharapova says she has been struggling with her shoulder since March and will be playing with a new racquet in Montreal.

"Ever since Indian Wells and that backhand incident, I haven't been able to get my arm up and close to my head without some sort of impingement and grinding, so I've been trying different rackets with different weight balances that are a bit more flexible and the strings looser to get as much tension away from my arm as possible," she said on her official website. "So for the last week I have been playing with a new frame."

anyone have any info?

Backhand incident?