PDA

View Full Version : Commentators wrong on Nadal's String

Andyk028
07-29-2008, 06:17 AM
For some reason, whenever comentators state Nadal uses the Luxilon strings, it ****es me off so bad.

He uses Freakin Duralast!

I mean even if they said the Pro Hurricane Tour I wouldnt be so agitated because thats what Nadal says he uses to the American Press.

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blade0324
07-29-2008, 07:04 AM
Relax we know what he uses and most likely so do they. However most of the tennis playing/watching public would know the difference between natural gut and weed whacker cord. They just use "Luxilon" or "Synthetic" as a general term for all poly strings. Luxilon is also the most widely known brand of Poly string so more people will know what they are talking about than if they say duralast. Also if you are watching a U.S. feed of a match duralast is not even available in the US so why promote it here.

FreshStew
07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
For some reason, whenever comentators state Nadal uses the Luxilon strings, it ****es me off so bad.

I mean even if they said the Pro Hurricane Tour I wouldnt be so agitated because thats what Nadal says he uses to the American Press.

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: They're always getting things wrong. I don't believe what they say anymore.

Does lower tension give you more spin?:-? According to them it does.

FreshStew
07-29-2008, 03:26 PM
:lol: They're always getting things wrong. I don't believe what they say anymore.

Andyk028
07-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Relax we know what he uses and most likely so do they.

Nah most of them dont, because I heard Chris Fowler reprimand Johny Mac about Nadal's strings.

2nd_Serve
07-29-2008, 05:47 PM

Tension doesn't affect spin. Just depth and power. Tighter string tensions give you less depth, so you swing harder, and that gives more spin.

2nd_Serve
07-29-2008, 05:48 PM
It's alright man. I used to get mad when people talekd like they knew. But, just don't mind it. It's not worth fighting over.

ShcMad
07-30-2008, 06:27 AM

ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've gotta understand that a lot of commentators are pretty ignorant when it comes to equipment talk. They talk as if "Luxilon" were some kind of string material, not a brand of strings.

Boblarryjrthird
08-03-2008, 09:07 AM
They also said he has used a 4/1/4 since he was fourteen is this true?

racketcollector
08-04-2008, 06:05 AM
Yeah he def uses a 4 1/4. Babolat handles feel a little bigger, at least to me. When a pro would normally use a 4 3/8, usually the step down feels normal in a Babolat frame, so no surprise there. Plus he's able to get alot more wrist action with the smaller handle size.

CGMemphis
08-04-2008, 06:09 AM
Brad Gilbert mentioned that "the players on the tour are different from the last decade of players, they all use Luxilon"...I laughed, knew better, didnt whine though.

Cup8489
08-04-2008, 06:49 PM
i liked how they mentioned he doesnt use anything fancy, none of this poly, just regular nylon. i wanted to tell them they were stupid, that he'd break any nylon in about 5 minutes. lol.

FreshStew
08-05-2008, 05:00 PM
They also said he has used a 4/1/4 since he was fourteen is this true?

Yeah they said that about Fed too.

They said it was for more racquet head speed.

djokster
08-05-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I found it stupid how they said Nadal uses old fashioned nylon on espn 2 during the djokovic/nadal match.

xtremerunnerars
08-05-2008, 05:14 PM
i liked how they mentioned he doesnt use anything fancy, none of this poly, just regular nylon. i wanted to tell them they were stupid, that he'd break any nylon in about 5 minutes. lol.

5 minutes?! It would break before he made contact with the ball.

schwuller
08-05-2008, 05:15 PM
Luxillon is becoming like...Jacuzzi or Kleenex. Jacuzzi means any whirlpool tub, and Kleenex means any tissue.

why does my Jacuzzi say Kohler on it?
and why does my blackberry say Treo?

slice bh compliment
08-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Why does that guy's coke say pepsi?

Well, it's funny, Brad Gilbert owns a tennis retail shop in Marin.

I think he got a check from Luxilon at some point and he's trying to make good on a promise to mention the name. Brad gets paid. No two ways about that.

BTW< i'm not one of those who equates Lux with poly. I say poly. High-end poly, low-end poly. Depending on the person I'm talking to, I might say Redcode, Hurricane, Luxilon or whatever. But Gilbert's error smacks of payola to me.

xtremerunnerars
08-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Luxillon is becoming like...Jacuzzi or Kleenex. Jacuzzi means any whirlpool tub, and Kleenex means any tissue.

why does my Jacuzzi say Kohler on it?
and why does my blackberry say Treo?

isn't whirlpool a brand of its own..?

slice bh compliment
08-05-2008, 05:37 PM
isn't whirlpool a brand of its own..?

Hhahaha, exactly! Nice catch.

Oh, and at their lakehouse, they've got Jet-Ski's made by Sea-Doo. I mean personal watercraft (PWC).