PDA

View Full Version : Fixing a cracked racquet

JakeRicardyau11
07-29-2008, 09:44 AM
There is a crack above the handle of my racquet. It doesn't affect the racquet that much, but is there anything I can do to fix it.

SpEeDyZ
07-29-2008, 09:47 AM
"time to buy a new racquet" :D

just hmm..... wait until it breaks :D or you can use some sorta tape or glue just to strengthen it up

JakeRicardyau11
07-29-2008, 09:49 AM
You are probably right. thanks

nalk7
07-29-2008, 10:33 AM
throw it away, a cracked racquet is as good as dead.

nytennisaddict
07-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Save it for when you've just missed a shot you've hit thousands of times in practice,... and it cost you the game/set/match... Even Tursanov advocates a good throw is therapeutic sometimes :P

shwetty[tennis]balls
07-29-2008, 11:33 AM
A cracked racquet will give you really bad tennis elbow. Fix=new racquet.

Another way to "fix" a cracked racquet would be to not break it in the first place.

Steve Huff
07-29-2008, 07:58 PM
best advice is to not play with it. as someone mentioned, it could vibrate more and give you tennis elbow. it's just not worth taking the chance. breaking it after a poorly played match isnt a bad idea either.

tennistomcat
07-29-2008, 08:44 PM
could maybe look into sending it to the manufacturer. A friend of mine brought it to a well known sports shop in houston & had it sent back to the manufacturer. He was given credit toward the purchase of a new racket. not a bad deal since he was able to upgrade to a newer model while spending very little. worth a try you know - unless maybe it looks cracked due to anger issues - but who knows? maybe even still give it a try, just a small amount you lose in paying to send it in vs. a nice credit amount

origmarm
07-30-2008, 02:53 AM
I cracked a PSC6.1 at 10 and 2 once hitting a serve. Sent it back to Wilson and they sent me a new one. Maybe worth a try as another poster suggest unless it was done in anger or looks really beat up