PDA

View Full Version : Ginepri's Sweatband/Support

JoshyS
07-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Can anyone clarify whether the band worn on ginepri's right arm in his match against fed at cincinnati is a sweatband or a support of some kind. I used to wear a similar kind of support to help with my tendonitis but mine was a lot more bulky. Thanks, Josh.

ajspurs
07-29-2008, 03:03 PM
I think its a sweatband, I've never seen any support of that kind, but I have definitely seen thin sweatbands for your arms like that. Nadal has worn leg versions of them when he wore proper shorts for a brief period.

Aeropro master
07-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I was at the match and the thing that i saw around his biceps seemed like a sweatband but i don't know...

JoshyS
07-29-2008, 03:34 PM
I think its a sweatband, I've never seen any support of that kind, but I have definitely seen thin sweatbands for your arms like that. Nadal has worn leg versions of them when he wore proper shorts for a brief period.

There are supports that are designed to be worn around the forearm, just below the elbow joint that are supposed to relieve pressure on the tendons in the elbow. Theyre predominantly to ease the pain of tennis elbow or golfers elbow (should that be the appropriate name in the golfing world).

FreshStew
07-29-2008, 04:35 PM
Can anyone clarify whether the band worn on ginepri's right arm in his match against fed at cincinnati is a sweatband or a support of some kind. I used to wear a similar kind of support to help with my tendonitis but mine was a lot more bulky. Thanks, Josh.

Its a football sweatband.

toyota817
08-12-2008, 12:36 AM
ginepri is buff LOL

StJamm
08-12-2008, 12:57 AM
What Ginepri wears are sweatbands, you can buy them rather easily online. However what Nadal wore below his knees is not the same [in response to an above poster] - they were actual support bands.