PDA

View Full Version : One handed backhand, wich one of these racquets?

spreed
07-30-2008, 08:50 AM
hello out there

First of all, I'm 17 and has played tennis since i was 6, and the last 4-5 years it has been quit serious
and i have trained 4-6 times a week + fysical training 3 times a week the last wear and a half.

But I have had a lot of problems with my left wrist, wich does that I can't hit my dobbel handed backhand.
For one and half month I have tried to learn the one handed backhand, and I hit i quit weel but if i'm going to continue hitting the one handed backhand I would like to get another raquet and I would be glad if some of you could help me a little.

I'm sponsored by a danish firm, wich offers me Prine and Tecnifibre. Right now i'm playning with a Prince Ozone Tour
Racquet

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-POZT.html

but I think the head size is a little to big, earlier I have played with the
Wilson K Factor KSix-One Team Racquets http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCWILSON-K61T.html

and liked it a lot and the head size of the racquet, kind of suits my game better than the 100SQ
I'm playing with now.

And I especially feel that I hit the one handed back hand better with the smaller head.

I have looked at :

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCPRINCE-PO3HT.html - Prince O3 Hybrid Tour Racquets

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCTFUSA-32018X.html - Tecnifibre TFight 320 XL (18x20) Racquets

any other sugestions ?

thank you in advance

Adam

In D Zone
07-30-2008, 09:33 AM
I play with the Hybrid Tour and enjoy the performance it delivers. To me the Hyb tour plays similar to a mid sized racquet - very maneuverable which is very favorable for a 1hbh.
However, the frame may feel too lively to some players due to the stiffness of the frame.
Other than that - its a pretty solid racquet and great for all court player like me.

dunno
07-30-2008, 10:40 AM
The kfactor should be good.

i love t3nn1s
07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
i dont understand people who ask what racket is good for improving any one of their strokes...... just cuz you get a certain racket, i really dont think it will magically improve your stroke

to the OP... i suggest you try and work on your one handed backhand instead of trying to find a excuse to buy a racket because not any racket will magically make your one hander better, you gotta work and practice at it

but hey its your money

spreed
07-30-2008, 11:51 AM
i dont understand people who ask what racket is good for improving any one of their strokes...... just cuz you get a certain racket, i really dont think it will magically improve your stroke

to the OP... i suggest you try and work on your one handed backhand instead of trying to find a excuse to buy a racket because not any racket will magically make your one hander better, you gotta work and practice at it

but hey its your money

as i wrote i'm sponsered. So i'm not paying dude.

and why so offensive, just asking for advices. Havent done anything yet

i love t3nn1s
07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
???????? who said im was offended or anything

didnt know you were sponsered....guess i missed that part

but still...i was just saying that switching rackets wont improve a single stroke.... thats just my opinion

but as you said...you are sponsered so i guess the money part isnt a problem

my bad if i made you think anything else... lol

spreed
07-30-2008, 12:04 PM
ok fine..

I also wrote to hear other peoples oppinion..

maybe I reacted a little to quickly sorry

noobplayer
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
y the xl version? wouldnt it be harder to hit a obh with an extended frame?

spreed
07-30-2008, 12:40 PM
y the xl version? wouldnt it be harder to hit a obh with an extended frame?

oh i didn't noticed that. Of course I was thinking about the "normal" one

noobplayer
07-30-2008, 01:52 PM
also take a look at the speedport tour or the old tour diablo mid

adso1973
07-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I also play with a 1hbh and I really enjoyed playing a top spin backhand with a O3 tour mp(old model). It's got a lot to be with the technique and if you hit flat or top/ sliced shots.

I played with the Hybrid tour. I didn't liked it, I didn't find enoght control, but I sold it to a friend and he loves it.

From those 2 I would suggest stay with the O3 Tour (probably the 18x20)

I have never tested a technifiber but I've been told they are good frames and probably the new one seems to be a very good racquet.

Good Luck

Il Mostro
07-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Also look at the T Flash series from TF. I am playing the 290 and am blown away by how good it is. Aside from sheer static weight (if that is an issue for you) I find nothing to dislike about this racquet. Don't let the specs fool you -- really solid stick that does everything well. In August I will demo the next version of the 310 equivalent (VO2 Max) which is doing well in Europe.

spreed
07-30-2008, 04:25 PM
thx for all the answers.

Tomorrow i'm going to order a demo of the 03 hybrid tour, to see if it is something for me. I play with a lot of spin and have always won a lot on my kick serve, so maybe it's the raquet for me.

counterpuncher
07-30-2008, 04:27 PM
The racquet variables that I have found to make it easier to hit my one handed backhand are : standard length, smaller head, more headlight and lower swingweight. The Yonex racquets usually fit these criteria and hence why I have always hit my backhand best with racquets such as the MP1, RDX500, RDS001, RQiS1 and RDS002 Tour.

Pretty much all of the TF racquets fit this bill (T-Fight 335, 320 etc.). As for the Prince's I found the Hybrid Tour to be okay, the O3 Tour to be the worst (no control) and the O3 White to be the best. I haven't tried the Speedport Black or Speedport Tour, but I would imagine that they would be quite good choices.

backhand
07-30-2008, 04:37 PM
Can't speak for the Tecnifibers, but IMO, the only racquets Prince makes that really work well with a 1HB are the old POG mid or the almost as old Diablo Mid. Have a feeling you'd find both pretty heavy and low powered. Until they make the SP Diablo, I'd pick the SP Tour, put in the string hole ports, and lead the handle to make it more HL.

dunno
07-30-2008, 04:45 PM
I've been playing with the Kfactor k6.1 tour 90 for a day and its amazing for my 1hbh.

quest01
07-30-2008, 05:00 PM
I'd go with the K95 and not the K90 because this racquet may be a little too demanding for you.

Il Mostro
07-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Can't speak for the Tecnifibers, but IMO, the only racquets Prince makes that really work well with a 1HB are the old POG mid or the almost as old Diablo Mid. Have a feeling you'd find both pretty heavy and low powered. Until they make the SP Diablo, I'd pick the SP Tour, put in the string hole ports, and lead the handle to make it more HL.

I could hit viscous topspin bh with a stock Black Speedport. Really nice stick.

champ2087
07-30-2008, 05:44 PM
definitely at least demo a tecnifibre either the 320 or 335.

i play with a one handed backhand as well and love my 335. its relatively heavy so its very stable on impact even on misshits and the headlight balance lets you whip the head of the racquet through whenever you want to.

plus you can choose either the 18x20 or 16x20 string patterns to see what you like. i love spin and the 16x20 pattern i use only enhances it, my kick serve is money with it.