PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still use Prostaff 6.1 Classic

sstchur
07-30-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm interested in hearing from those of you who still use the Prostaff 6.1 Classic.

Why do you still use it? Is it just that you feel no need to upgrade? You've tried the newer K-whatever versions and didn't like them, or what?

What has kept you using the 6.1 Classic, even though it is discontinued and there are newer versions of it available?

dunno
07-30-2008, 10:38 AM
I was using the PS 6.0 until it cracked last year. So now i've got Donnay Pro One's, but I just got a Kfactor k90(whichever is the federer one) and it feels just like my old prostaff and its great! Unlike the ncode version which i hated.

jzief128
07-30-2008, 10:52 AM
I currently play with a PSC 6.1. It's a good racquet, and I would stick with it if they still made it. I only have one left, and finding one in my size ahs been difficult.

I am currently demoing a bunch of racquets, but I haven't found one I like yet. I did try the k6.1. It was very similar to the PSC. Little more power, but "clunky" feeling.

sstchur
07-30-2008, 11:01 AM
You can still get the PS6.1C. There is a guy who has a store and sells them on ****, or you can go directly to his online store:

http://racquetbroker.com

-Steve

GPB
07-30-2008, 11:52 AM
I've got a couple PSC6.1's, and use them frequently. I haven't switched because I hate wasting money (and a friend just switched from the PSC to the K6.1, and he's got a few more he's willing to sell me eventually).

But if you've got a racket you like playing with, why upgrade? Spend the money on lessons or strings or gas or just save it instead!

ohhgourami
07-30-2008, 12:11 PM
I have a PSC because a friend bought one for $2 at a yard sale and gave it to me.

I use it once in awhile for fun or as a backup. I really like it but I prefer my K95s.

Cruzer
07-30-2008, 12:32 PM
You can still get the PS6.1C. There is a guy who has a store and sells them on ****, or you can go directly to his online store:

http://racquetbroker.com

-Steve

It seems that they are sold out of the 6.1 Classic. They have the 6.1 Classic Stretch which is also a very nice racquet.

I use one of my 6.1's occasionally. It still feels good and has a good amount of zip but I like my current Babolat a little better so it is now my main player.

Ross K
07-30-2008, 12:34 PM
IMO this truly is an awesome racquet (although to be precise, I'm talking about the 18x20 Eu model.) Incredible stabillity and solidity. Whopping heavy ball (I've never hit heavier.) Very scarey monster first serve. AND as well as being imposing and authorative from the b-line in a positively bullying kind of way, it's fantastic up in the air, for touch stuff, and for your S&V game. As for the negatives, being a wuss, unfortunately I found it a tad too heavy and slow. Plus I also found it somewhat harsh on the arm. Even so, what with the qualities such as I've listed, I think it's a legend of a frame and one that deserves utter reverence.