PDA

View Full Version : yonex recommendations

ituleb
07-30-2008, 10:25 AM
in the past i played with yonex frames and really like them. great quality control, good feel, just all around good rackets. im looking to purchase some new frames but need a recommendation.

i demoed the rqis2 and while i liked it, i didnt love it. i wasnt too crazy about it being 27.5, and it was a little powerful i thought...nothing too crazy but it definitely had some kick to it that i felt was hard to harness.

im interested in the rds001mp (2008 version), the rds002 (non-tour) and the rds003. im not too crazy about heavy rackets, but can deal with they are still maneuverable and not too intense. looking for a racket that offers some decent pop and good control. i tend to hit hard and flat, and yonex has always helped with the spin. mainly stay at the baseline but love coming to net more. am a 3.5-4.0 with a one handed backhand.

ive heard good things about all 3 of the rackets listed above. im okay with the rds003 being 27.25 though i usually prefer standard length frames. any recommendations/guidance?

tsongaali
07-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Get the super rd tour 90, or muscle power tour 1.:lol: J/K

if weight is your problem, then try the new rqis 1 light and see how that works. I think it is standard length.

counterpuncher
07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
If you felt that the RQiS2 was too powerful for you then I would bypass the RDS003 as I thought it was more powerful. I would say that the RDS002 (non-tour) and RDS001 mp would be the racquets you should be considering.

martin
07-30-2008, 04:08 PM
rds002 non tour as you can always lead it up if it's too light. I had a difficult choice choosing between this racket and the m-fil300. I chose for the m-fil because of the low price and the less muted feeling but these are by far my favourite rackets.