PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Racket

BabolatPower
07-30-2008, 12:49 PM
I am currently playing with a Babolat Aero Storm and I was serving and shanked the serve pretty badly. I looked at my racket and there seemed to be a little crack at the top of the racket where I shanked the ball. Do you guys have any ideas on what to do?

el sergento
07-30-2008, 12:54 PM
I am currently playing with a Babolat Aero Storm and I was serving and shanked the serve pretty badly. I looked at my racket and there seemed to be a little crack at the top of the racket where I shanked the ball. Do you guys have any ideas on what to do?

Buy a new one.........it's toast, can't fixed a cracked stick.

gb.tennis.junky
07-30-2008, 01:08 PM
If it's just a chip of paint, the racquet is still playable.

If the racquet is cracked buy a new one.

coolblue123
08-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I have the same issue @ the bridge. It's a small hairline fracture. I was wondering if Babolat will give us a new one? If so, I brought it 2nd hand at the forums here.
Anything like a warranty with Babolat racquets?

DarthCow
08-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Babolat offer a 1 year warranty i think

The Hybrid
08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Or if you got it from a store try and return it...

coolblue123
08-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Here's a image of the crack. I got the racquet as a gift. Is there anyway to send back to Bab?

Here's a pic:

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u95/tony-tony24/IMG_3079.jpg

dunlop kid
08-02-2008, 02:44 AM
Thats nothing.Its only a fracture.Ive got them in two of my rackets for about 2 years now and there both perfectly fine.There able to be restrung and everything.

Although im having trouble understanding how you did it off a serve????

Those types of fractures are normally from bouncing the racket too often.

tennis_hand
08-02-2008, 04:54 AM
call ambulance.

coolblue123
08-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Thats nothing.Its only a fracture.Ive got them in two of my rackets for about 2 years now and there both perfectly fine.There able to be restrung and everything.

Are you taking about my pic or the crack described by BabolatPower?

adams_1
08-02-2008, 05:54 AM

Really now?

Personally, I would get it replaced under warranty.

coolblue123
08-02-2008, 06:21 AM
Anyone has experience in sending racquets back? Got this 2nd hand, so don't have reciept.

I heard they know based on barcode. If anyone has any info, much apprepciated!

dunlop kid
08-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Are you taking about my pic or the crack described by BabolatPower?

Your picture.

chicubs
08-02-2008, 03:05 PM
Anyone has experience in sending racquets back? Got this 2nd hand, so don't have reciept.

I heard they know based on barcode. If anyone has any info, much apprepciated!

I just sent it in with a description of what happened and they sent me back a new one...Dont even think I included a receipt but I am not 100% sure. Both Yonex and Babolat were really good about sending me racquets for free even though I clearly cracked them from abuse.

babolatisduhbomb
08-02-2008, 03:07 PM
i would like to know the same thing can u send it back to bab?

s7evin
08-02-2008, 03:24 PM
Damn...that is some bad ***** QC :):):)

Steve Huff
08-02-2008, 06:02 PM
With Babolat, you have to take it to an authorized dealer. Not having the receipt, nor having a dealer state he sold you the racket will pretty much nullify getting a replacement. Prince, Wilson, Head, Pro Kennex have always been good to their customers (I've sent many back for my stringing customers with no problem). This is one of the reasons I wouldn't recommend a Babolat.

babolatchaznike
08-06-2008, 08:49 PM
Buy a new racquet.

RakettoKozou
08-06-2008, 09:23 PM
That happened to my racket too but i just kept playing and shanked it again... and guess what?

KerryJ
08-06-2008, 09:33 PM
Well you have four racquets, and use there string. Contact Babolat (You can call Tennis Warehouse for the number). Go to the all consumers option and tell them what happened. Chances are they'll tell you to go the retailer and the retailer will send it off the Babolat.

I just sent mine in with a letter explaining I have three aero storms, play in two or more tournaments a month, drill for 20 hours per week, and play for the #9 high school in the state. Let them know that you're marketing their product with a letter describing how it broke. Chances are they'll replace it.

BabolatPower
08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
so would anyone be kind enough to provide me a number to contact Babolat Customer Service.

Guamanian G
08-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Kerry, what high school do you go to?
because I live in texas too.

Now i'm scared to break my bab..lol