PDA

View Full Version : Volkl -10 power

mary fierce
03-28-2004, 06:25 AM
I tried the Diablo MP recently and liked it but longed for a little more power to end points. How does the C-10 compare in this regard? I've never hit with it but once hit with the stretch 98 inch version and felt it was quite underpowered. I also hit with the C-10 oversize once and liked the power and control but found it cumbersome at net. Thanks.

@wright
03-28-2004, 06:39 AM
The C10 has nice power if you can swing it pretty fast. It would often surprise me when the ball would have more zip than I'd expect, considering this racquet is about as stiff as a banana peel with no banana in it.

coachrick
03-28-2004, 06:43 AM
IMHO, the C10 was a perfect example of a racket doing what one asked it to do...hit the middle with authority--zee ball go very fast; drop off the power input--zee ball don't go so fast! String it tight with a Kev hybrid to harness the power or with nat gut for a wonderful experience. There were times it felt a little cumbersome and times when I appreciated the stability provided by the heft. I never got a good feel for the OS model like I did the M+. I believe the Tour 10M+ to be darned near the perfect update...feels a touch more maneuverable with that old-school graphite familiarity. Then again, what do I know? I really enjoyed hitting with a Chris Evert Autograph with original nylon strings the other night! Talk about needing to hit the middle!!!