PDA

View Full Version : Fischer mag tour

haerdalis
07-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Anyone here using this stick? It seems to be a very nice players stick but with a 100 sq in frame. Sounds great but I havent tried it. only the lighter version which also is very nice.

goldenyama
07-31-2008, 08:43 AM
I have the Magnetic speed pro no1 heavier version with a 105 head size. is that the stick youre speaking of?

Pros: VERY comfortable, good spin, good power, decent control
Cons: Slight vibrations, lacks a bit of plow through effect

daveyboy
07-31-2008, 09:13 AM
I think he means the Magnetic Tour, not the Pro 1.. you can correct me if I'm wrong. 100sq inch head, yellow and black graphics. I use the light version, and just now feel like adding lead tape. Nice frame, solid off the ground and a joy to volley with. STyring pattern is fairly open, so there's potential for spin.

goldenyama
07-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Ah yeah you`re right, completely different stick.

counterpuncher
07-31-2008, 04:53 PM
I had the UL version that you have tried for quite a while and really thought it was a great racquet but just a little too light. I tried lead everywhere on this thing and couldn't get it to my liking.

Then I got my hands on an ex-pro version off the bay which I thought was an SL. It turned out to be a UL with an extended (27.5") custom molded pvc handle with a weight of 352gms. The swingweight felt something like 340 on it. Let me tell you that this thing was like butter, great power and spin, but it was just too much racquet for me. I shortened it to standard length and it had almost an even balance, a weight of 348gms and a swingweight of around 330. It still was too much for me and I ended up off-loading it to a friend. If the SL is anything like it (which from the balance specs doesn't seem like it) - then get yourself one.