PDA

View Full Version : bumper guard connected to grommets?

tsongaali
07-30-2008, 03:41 PM
I wanted to put some lead tape on the top of my racquet under the bumper guard on my TF 320, but does the bumper guard on this racquet also hold the grommets for the top of the racquet? My grommets are flared on the top, so if the bumper guard is connected with the grommets, then does that mean I need a new grommet set to put the bumper guard back, or is it possible to straighten out the flared holes?

Bud
07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
I wanted to put some lead tape on the top of my racquet under the bumper guard on my TF 320, but does the bumper guard on this racquet also hold the grommets for the top of the racquet? My grommets are flared on the top, so if the bumper guard is connected with the grommets, then does that mean I need a new grommet set to put the bumper guard back, or is it possible to straighten out the flared holes?

On most modern racquets... the top bumper guard and top grommets are generally one piece.

tsongaali
07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I checked and the it is one piece. Does this mean I need to get new grommets for the top because the one I have now has flared holes so I would not be able to insert it? I guess I will just put the lead tape on the inner part of the racquet then.

Bud
07-30-2008, 05:42 PM
I checked and the it is one piece. Does this mean I need to get new grommets for the top because the one I have now has flared holes so I would not be able to insert it? I guess I will just put the lead tape on the inner part of the racquet then.

Truthfully, I've never bothered to place lead tape under the head guard. I don't see the point in doing so.