PDA

View Full Version : I'm buying an Avery M5! Any Avery users out there?

goldenyama
07-30-2008, 07:53 PM
I have a collection of players OS sticks (see sig) and have decided to add to it with an Avery M5 from TW.

I'm gonna get a full VS Team job to create (hopefully) the ultimate comfy racquet for days when my mild TE is playing up.

Anybody out there play with an Avery? Anybody play/played with the M5?

It has a tension range of 55-65 which seems a little low for a 110 head size (my TT Rads are 60-68 in similar size). Can any M5 owners give me any info on their string tensions also?

This stick should create some interest at my club in Japan...it's always nice to have a unique weapon that nobody else has!

So come on Avery users, let's hear from ya!

Klatu Verata Necktie
07-31-2008, 05:12 AM
People will think you're playing with a custom POG.

15_ounce
09-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Another bump...does nobody use an Avery?
Hi,
I use Avery M3 Power. I added weight in the grip to make it more headlight... it's really a great racquet... stable and healthy for my wrist and elbow and shoulder. I've never felt any pain after switching to this racquet.

goldenyama
09-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Thanks 15_ounce, one other Avery user! I bought the M5 and have it strung at 60lbs with Pacific Tough Gut 17g. I love it! One of the best volleying racquets I have ever used. So comfortable also for my TE. I use it for at least a couple of sets of doubles per week, although the TT Rad is still my main weapon.

ced
09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
[QUOTE=goldenyama;2569240]I have a collection of players OS sticks (see sig) and have decided to add to it with an Avery M5 from TW.

Get the M3 Control ..... much better racquet, really a sweet s&v stick. The M5 has a little more weight in the head. The M3 is pretty head light and very easy to customize. I found the M3 to be a better all around stick than the M5.