PDA

View Full Version : Yonex 2008 versions of RDS001 are more than just a PJ update.....

Gabs011
07-31-2008, 03:56 AM
I have no proof to back this up....I am purely stating my experiences. I played with both the RDS 001 MP and Mid (Original Versions) - and thought they were decent sticks. Not great, but pretty good.

In the past couple of weeks I have tried the Yonex 2008 updates to these rackets and I was completely blown away. They obviously have the same mold as the original versions. However first off they have a 'matte' finish as opposed to glossy which I MUCH prefer and looks much more stylish. More importantly they are probably the two most 'solid' yonex rackets I have ever hit with....and I have tried a lot of Yonex rackets.

Obviously its subjective but I really do think that something in the lay-up of the frames have been tinkered with because to me these new ones feel absolutely great.

Anyone else agree??

I am asking because so far most people seem to agree to that they are the same except for the newer PJ.

coolblue123
07-31-2008, 04:12 AM
I think they have the soft gromments all over @ least that's what I have read...

drewman
07-31-2008, 06:35 AM
I have the 2008 RDS 001 mp strung with Babolat Hurricane @ 60lbs. The only other Yonex I have played with is the RDX 500. Its taking me a little time to adjust to the stiffness of the RDS and in my opion it has less power. But I like the pj and the stability so I am not giving up just yet.