PDA

View Full Version : PK Ionic Ki 5 vs Kinetic Pro 5G

ramseszerg
07-31-2008, 10:29 AM
What are the differences between these two racquets?

1. In terms of fragility? The feedback in tw say they break easily.

2. In terms of feel? The Yonex RDX500 is perfect for me, except the whole racquet face is the sweetspot and I don't feel the difference when I'm off centre until I frame one. I wanted my next racquet to be just as arm friendly as the RDX500 but with a little more crisp feedback.

3. In terms of comfort? (my problem is in the elbow)

Any other differences? Is the extra money for the new Ki 5 worth it? Thanks for all the help, I cannot demo due to location.

ramseszerg
07-31-2008, 03:11 PM
May I rephrase the question: has anyone used both, and which one do you like better, and why?

ramseszerg
07-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Also, do the kinetic beads actually make sounds? How bad is it?

timsims
07-31-2008, 07:31 PM
I've used both...I honestly wouldn't say that their are any significant differences. I preferred the 5G because it "seemed" to have more flex. I think both racquets are great.

I don't know how the stories about breaking got started, I suspect it to be a rare thing.

You can hear the "beads" if you shake the racquet up near your ear...I always refer to mine as my "etch-a-sketch" rackets, and if I hit a bad shot I can just shake the racquet to "erase" it!

roundiesee
07-31-2008, 09:05 PM
You can hear the "sandy" noise when you shake the racket, but it really isn't that obvious during actual play. So far my elbow has not hurt as much when I use this racket, so I would say the technology does work for sufferers of TE. Both are nice rackets, the 5G has slightly better "feel", but the Ki5 has better cosmetics.

backhand
07-31-2008, 11:41 PM
Have demoed both, both are solid, good-at-everything plain vanilla racquets. The 5G felt flexier and softer (although the specs say otherwise), the 5Ki was a little more powerful, a touch crisper/harsher. My arm liked both equally. Could not get either to produce much spin, both were great flat servers. Yeah, the tech really works.