PDA

View Full Version : Midsize friendly-ness?

willgonase10
07-31-2008, 10:34 AM
I am looking to replace my PC600 with has cracked when I accidentially smashed it on a serve.

Since I can't get any more PC600's at a decent price or new, can someone help me decide which mid-size out of my list below is the easiest to wield?

-Wilson K90
-MG Prestige 93
-KBlade 93
-Diablo Tour 93
-AG 100

I have used all but the AG100 but that was earlier this year and I don't know anymore. I can't demo.

binomialtheory
07-31-2008, 11:22 AM
It sucks that your PC600 cracked. =\ Same thing happened with one of my ROKs but, those are way easier to replace. I've played with the k90, the kblade 93, and the diablo tour 93, and i would say the kblade is my personal favourite in terms of spin potential and comfort, but that's me. >___>;

willgonase10
07-31-2008, 12:21 PM
It sucks that your PC600 cracked. =\ Same thing happened with one of my ROKs but, those are way easier to replace. I've played with the k90, the kblade 93, and the diablo tour 93, and i would say the kblade is my personal favourite in terms of spin potential and comfort, but that's me. >___>;

Thanks for the quick reply.

I remember the Diablo Tour 93 had a lot of topspin potential and the feel was good. Compared to the Diablo, does the kBlade have the same feel?

I like the heavy solid hitting feel of the Diablo and PC600.

geesechops
07-31-2008, 01:24 PM
I would just go with the MG Prestiges if your already used to the 600. The KBlade feels nothing like an MGPM to me. It feels more like a soiled baby diaper filled with [K]rap.

JediMindTrick
07-31-2008, 02:06 PM
Yes, the KBlade Tour and heavy, solid hitting feel have nothing in common.

In)SpiRe
07-31-2008, 02:12 PM
I think the MG Prestige will do better for you. If you are already used to Head grips and the feel of a Head racquet, and you like it, then I see no reason to switch brands.

These are my opinions though:
KBT= hits weak balls.
K90= stable, heavy ball hitter, good all around.

Havent hit with these extensively but:
AG100= Iono, didn't like this frame. Just felt weird. Probably b/c the grip size was too big for me, and it didn't have a leather grip.
Diablo= Beast server, and good all around, but I didn't like this frame too much either.

Havent tried the MG Prestige Mid, but I have hit with the MP.
MP= Good all around, and it feels light in hand than it actually is. If the Mid is any better, than it must be a very good racquet, b/c I did rather like the MP.

LafayetteHitter
07-31-2008, 02:22 PM
I would not overlook the Volkl DNX 10. As a former Prestige 600 user the DNX10 is a very sweet feeling racquet that really pockets the ball and provides a tad bit more juice than the PC600.