PDA

View Full Version : Grip Size of a Racquet..

dgrave2
07-31-2008, 11:53 AM
So in the past year I have bought 3 Head MG Extreme racquets with the grip size at 3/8. The grip size is too small, so I've always added an overgrip. Would it just make more sense for the next time I buy an Extreme, to just buy it sized at 1/2 instead of always just buying overgrips? Or should I keep it the same as my other racquets? Thanks for any input.

Cup8489
07-31-2008, 11:56 AM
So in the past year I have bought 3 Head MG Extreme racquets with the grip size at 3/8. The grip size is too small, so I've always added an overgrip. Would it just make more sense for the next time I buy an Extreme, to just buy it sized at 1/2 instead of always just buying overgrips? Or should I keep it the same as my other racquets? Thanks for any input.

i would just keep it the same size, and buy 4 heat-shrink wraps, to build up your grip. they come in both 1/2 gripsize increase and 1 whole gripsize increase. that way, you're consistent. because the shrink sleeves feel slightly different than a bigger grip does.

my .02

Bengt
07-31-2008, 12:03 PM
Heat shrink sleeves round your grip. Use them only if you don't like to feel the bevels.

I'd throw one tournagrip on it; overlap more than normal and get used to it. Smaller grips seem to be the trend right now. I like the additional maneuverability they provide and easier wrist snap. It really helps on the serve. My fingers just barely touch my palm when I'm holding my racquet although the old rule of thumb was to allow one finger width.

Why would someone need more than 4 or more Extremes?

dgrave2
07-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Why would someone need more than 4 or more Extremes?

Oh. 2 of them are broken lol. so I technically only have 2 now.. was just curious if I should keep the same pattern up of my previous racquets or just buy a racquet with a bigger grip.

thanks for the input.

nCode747
07-31-2008, 04:40 PM
your going to need overgrip anyway

gcfalcon09
07-31-2008, 06:14 PM
keep the same size. because adding an overgrip is good for the racquet handel itself. dont go bigger because you will eventually add an overgrip the 4 1/2