PDA

View Full Version : Wilson ProStaff midsize Mystery Racquet?

michaellashan
07-31-2008, 02:48 PM
My friend just went to a local thrift store and found a Wilson Prostaff midsize with cover for only $3.99. :)

The buttcap is white, with a red "W". The letters under the "W" appear to be "JWO". It doesn't have a bumperguard.

I've looked up the info for such a raquet, and even though there is a lot of info on the Wilson ProStaff, I cannot find anything on this one in particular. I have a St. Vincent and a made in Taiwan Prostaff, but I know nothing about the info on my friend's Prostaff.

Does anyone here have any info on this racquet?

Thanks!

:)

VGP
07-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Is it or is it not a Wilson Pro Staff Midsize like your SV and Taiwanese or is it some of the many other midsized Wilson frames made over the years?

More info and/or pics would help a lot....

vsgut
07-31-2008, 03:05 PM
The first run of Pro Staff 85 graphite came without a bumperguard.

michaellashan
07-31-2008, 03:05 PM
It has the same design as the ProStaffs. I'll have more detailed photos when he brings back the raquet Friday. I'll also take photos of the info on the inside of the throat.

VGP
07-31-2008, 03:09 PM
From what limited info you've given, and by "design" you mean cosmetics.....it sounds like your friend has an early St. Vincent Pro Staff Midsize.

nCode747
07-31-2008, 04:20 PM
did you buy it and if you did, pics man pics

michaellashan
07-31-2008, 04:46 PM
My friend bought it and I will post pics tomorrow when my friend brings it over.