PDA

View Full Version : Review of Fila Torneo II Mens shoes

mtnpaul
07-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Comments: (all ratings on a 4 star basis, with 4 stars the highest. 1 star - poor, 2 stars - fair, 3 stars - good, 4 stars - Excellent

Wear and tear: ** I was hoping they would last me 3 months, it appears it will probably be closer to 7-8 weeks). I do play almost every day so ...
These are my first "Expensive" shoes in a number of years. Normally, I blow through some cheap Wilsons in about 4-5 weeks. These seem to be doing a bit better, but not a lot better. I will probably have worn completely through the left shoe in about 2 more weeks. I hope the next pair wear a lot slower.

Support: *** It seems more supportive than the cheap shoes I've been buying. I never have ankle problems, so this is not a big concern of mine.

Fit: *** A good fit for me, my feet are a bit narrow. A little bit of a break in period.

Traction: **** Seems quite good to me.

Weight: *** Not too heavy, to be lighter the support would probably suffer.

Guarantee: ??? We shall see. I'll be sending them back in about 2 weeks.

Overall: I will probably buy them again, because they feel pretty good on my feet. I do enjoy the additional support. On the other hand if their replacement speed is poor ...

BreakPoint
07-31-2008, 08:20 PM
My question is why you keep buying cheap shoes that only last you a few weeks instead of buying really good shoes that would last you a few months?

mtnpaul
07-31-2008, 08:59 PM
My question is why you keep buying cheap shoes that only last you a few weeks instead of buying really good shoes that would last you a few months?

To be honest, I think for my style (or lack there of) and the number of hours (~22-25 hours per week) about 2 months is the most I can expect out of a pair of shoes no matter how expensive. Perhaps I could buy heavier shoes, but I prefer not to run around with lead boots on. How many hours do you get out of a pair of shoes?

FYI: some studies show that more expensive athletic shoes tend to result in more injuries. Ironically, the "better" your shoes the more beating your knees take.