SW: 312
HS: 90
Flex: 62
Weight: 332/ 11.7oz
Beam : 19 mm
Length: 27
Balance: 7pt headlight
String Pattern: 16x19

Specs looks similar between the two. How does it compare from one to the other in terms of playability, power, control and stablity.

Keifers
07-31-2008, 11:46 PM
I owned a couple of RDX 500 Mids and recently demoed the AG100. The two are pretty different.

The 500 Mid was very stable and comfortable to hit with. Not a lot of pop on serves or groundies (even with a gut hybrid at mid tension), and not very much pop at all on volleys. I came to regard it as a very smooth hitting stick probably more suited to a baseline game.

The AG100 doesn't feel as comfortable on impact -- some have described its feel as "raw" and I would certainly agree that it's more raw than the Yonnie. The 100 cuts through the air more easily, perhaps due to its thinner beam and its narrower head. It's much more maneuverable, imo, and side-by-side, would make the 500 seem a little sluggish. Huge serves and excellent pop and control hitting volleys. Overall, I'd say the 100 is a much more lively, much more responsive all-court stick.

BreakPoint
07-31-2008, 11:54 PM
I find the RDX 500 Mid to be very different from the AG100.

The RDX feels much more flexible, has an almost "wood-like" quality to it, is less headlight, has a massive sweetspot, and is very stable. The "feel" of the RDX is tremendous, one of the best I've hit with in the past 10 years, and I've hit with several hundreds of different racquets.

The AG100 is more powerful, plays and feels stiffer, is "scalpel-like", is much more headlight, swings much faster, feels much more like a "modern" racquet to me, and serves much better.

Both feel very solid and both are great racquets.

Hope that helps.

samster
07-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Agree with above two posts. The Yonex is as flexy as it gets. The feel is buttery.

AG 100 on the other hand packs some serious pop with a little weight added. It plays stiffer than the 62 rating would suggest.

Control is excellent for both frames. But at the end of the day, serving with the Yonex 500 Mid was difficult with flat serves to get any pace. On the other hand, it is cake with the AG 100. Again, the feel with the 500 Mid is just surreal.

hoodjem
08-01-2008, 01:24 PM
But at the end of the day, serving with the Yonex 500 Mid was difficult with flat serves to get any pace. On the other hand, it is cake with the AG 100.

Serving with the AG100 was--for me--a dream. I always wished I could serve like this. I used to hear people talk about "crushing" the ball on their serves.

Finally, now I know what this means--and how it sounds.

Hidious
08-01-2008, 01:41 PM
The RDX feels much more flexible, has an almost "wood-like" quality to it

I already picture idiots going like: "WTF, a non-wood racquet CAN'T have a wood-like quality, that's impossible, bla blah bla..." :roll:

BreakPoint
08-01-2008, 01:45 PM
I already picture idiots going like: "WTF, a non-wood racquet CAN'T have a wood-like quality, that's impossible, bla blah bla..." :roll:
You must be thinking of a certain somebody known by what happens when you get to 40-all in a game? :lol: LOL

bad_call
08-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Agree with above two posts. The Yonex is as flexy as it gets. The feel is buttery.

AG 100 on the other hand packs some serious pop with a little weight added. It plays stiffer than the 62 rating would suggest.

Control is excellent for both frames. But at the end of the day, serving with the Yonex 500 Mid was difficult with flat serves to get any pace. On the other hand, it is cake with the AG 100. Again, the feel with the 500 Mid is just surreal.

how is the AG 100 on the arm after a long match? can the AG take poly?

Rabbit
08-01-2008, 09:48 PM

It's great. I played some 3 hours with it last Sunday with no ill effects. However, mine was strung with a multi.

Any frame can take a poly, but the AG play beautifully with a multi. And, I'm really looking forward to gut in it.

BreakPoint
08-01-2008, 11:23 PM
I've played the AG100 strung tightly with full poly. It actually plays great. The racquet is amazingly not very string sensitive. It seems to play great no matter what string and what tension I put in it. Yes, it plays slightly differently, but still great for different reasons. Most of my other racquets are much more string/tension sensitive.

In D Zone
08-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Took my RDX500 mid out last week and played double match.
Yes, I was impressed with the feel and the control of the RDX500 mid. However, I noticed after playing 3 sets may arm started to feel effect of the frame's vibration and it started to bother me.

I ended up replacing the RDX500 with MP Tour 1 90 which felt much more solid / stable especially around the net or during heavy exchanges.

I am just surprised - my RDX had an overgrip while the MP Tour did not have an overgrip.

hoodjem
08-29-2008, 11:16 AM
I ended up replacing the RDX500 with MP Tour 1 90 which felt much more solid / stable especially around the net or during heavy exchanges.

Which racquet is the "MP Tour 1 90"?

In D Zone
08-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Which racquet is the "MP Tour 1 90"?ur

Yonex MP Tour 1 90
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=MPT1&from=wta

hoodjem
08-29-2008, 12:34 PM
OK. Thanks. Not being current production, I was unfamiliar with this Yonex.

In D Zone
08-29-2008, 08:40 PM
OK. Thanks. Not being current production, I was unfamiliar with this Yonex.

it's one of the best mid size racquet made by Yonex; quiet known among the hardcore Yonex followers. It was not popular because of the bland paint job. Brown \Black with Gold trim on the side grommet. This racquet is stiff and has alot of pop and control.
I'd say the Mid and the Midplus of the MP Tour 1 series are the true sibling when it comes to specs and feel... the only difference is power (MP offers more umph).

nCode747
08-29-2008, 08:50 PM
hmm spec almost identical...nothing more we can help you, your gunna have to try them for yourselve

In D Zone
08-29-2008, 10:46 PM
^^^^

I know what you mean man ! I am trying to get my hands on one AG 100.