PDA

View Full Version : Grip Enlarger / lead tape question

smart_player
08-01-2008, 09:36 AM
ok, i've bought a brand new racket. 4 3/8 seemed too small whilst 4 1/2 felt too large. therefore i've purchased a heat shrink (grip enlarger) which will enlarge the handle by half a size. I also am applying lead at three and nine asweel as the handle (to keep the origional balance).

my question is as follows: what should i put onto the handle first, the heat shrink followed by the lead tape or the lead tape followed by the heat shrink?

many thanks in advance.

el sergento
08-01-2008, 10:52 AM
ok, i've bought a brand new racket. 4 3/8 seemed too small whilst 4 1/2 felt too large. therefore i've purchased a heat shrink (grip enlarger) which will enlarge the handle by half a size. I also am applying lead at three and nine asweel as the handle (to keep the origional balance).

my question is as follows: what should i put onto the handle first, the heat shrink followed by the lead tape or the lead tape followed by the heat shrink?

many thanks in advance.

I'd put the tape on top of the shrink that way you can remove it without having to reapply the heat shrink which will allow you to experiment more freely with the tape.