PDA

View Full Version : Liquidmetal Rad OS VS. Nblade OS

feyya
08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Could anyone compare these two rackets?

Alafter
08-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Could anyone compare these two rackets?

I really wanted to respond to this, but unfortunately, I only know half the problem.

feyya
08-01-2008, 09:08 PM
I really wanted to respond to this, but unfortunately, I only know half the problem.
lol, fair enough. Could you give me a review/brief rundown of the blade?

orangettecoleman
08-01-2008, 09:15 PM
I demoed the Nblade OS and thought it was terrible. very mushy, hardly any ball feel.

rayallen333
08-01-2008, 09:17 PM
I'll try to help out on the LM Rad OS (Chinese Version). All my opinion. It is my main racquet and I'm a high 3.5, varsity hs player.

Power: Low power for tweener, very high power for player racquet. Significantly less than like APDC, less than o3 white, about the same as nPro Open. Quite good plow through for its weight.

Spin: Less than all the racquets mentioned above, but enough. Not gonna inspire any Nadalique angles.

Comfort: I play with syn gut or multi. Not most comfortable but not too bad. Wouldn't go all poly though.

Stability: probably better than any racquet around 11 to 11.5 oz

Control: not bad for a tweener/player. Could use more spin for approach, baseline shots though, but I'm more of a spin player now...Great volleys though. Not bad for a doubles racquet, although serve is quite mediocre. SW is definitely lower than 330.

Hope this helps.

pmata814
08-01-2008, 11:00 PM
I purchased the NBlade OS without demoing because it was cheap here on TW and I hated it! It felt very boardy to me. I've never played with the LM Radical OS so I can't comment on it.

Alafter
08-02-2008, 03:03 AM
AS you can see here from the responses, one thought it was boardy, the other thought it was soft.

I am gonna go with the soft one. There is a soft impact. Some off center hits may be jarring, but that's no surprise considering the mass. It's got ample power, and definitely controllable. However, that may be difficult if you come from a less powerful racquet.

In my coach's opinion, LM OS is less powerful than the nBlade Os.

The racquet feels a lot better if it is not strung all poly. Also, if there is even half poly, tension of poly should not exceed 55, otherwise it might start feeling boardy.

backhand
08-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Never hit with the Nblade OS, but several other OS Wilsons, have never been that impressed. Tended to be too powerful, uneven response, mediocre feel.

AndrewD
08-02-2008, 02:44 PM
My comparison is:

Power: LM Radical OS
Control: All being equal, the nBlade OS has more control. HOWEVER, if you need more than the nBlade OS provides you can end up losing control by trying to generate that extra pace.
Feel: nBlade OS ( I think that the LM range is terrible - harsh, tinny and unpleasant)
Spin: Both equally low.
Serving: LM Rad OS - just seems to offer a more balanced response
Comfort: nBlade OS