PDA

View Full Version : Need Baseliner's Racket... but NOT APD

frankthetank
08-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm an aggressive baseline player that sucks at net in search of a good spin and control racket.
I played with the Wilson nBlade previously and it was a good experience. But I feel it 1) wasn't heavy enough and 2) was too head light.
I recently bought the Dunlop M-Fil 200, but the sweet spot seems too small for my liking and I keep on shanking my shots, especially if I am on the run- something that didn't happen as much with my nBlade.
*Comparing my nBlade to the M-fil 200, I found that the Dunlop was noticeably a "thin"-body (sideways on the face) despite being only 1 sq inch smaller. I think that may be why.

The specs of the Pure Storm Tour fits me well, but from the reviews, there were numerous complaints about handle and butt cap problems. That scares me especially since I want to use the next rackets I buy for at least 2 years.

Now, why do I not want the APD? 1) Although Nadal is undoubtedly good, I don't want to be a trend follower. 2) The racket looks and shaped funny with its Aero technology.

Sorry for being picky, but any suggestions?

Murray_Maniac
08-01-2008, 12:13 PM
If youre really good w/ the apdc, stick w/ it & ignore that Nadal uses it & its looks. But if you need more control & weight, try the prestige pro. Seriously, the stability, spin & forgiveness is insane.

VGP
08-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Just a side question.....do you want to get better at net?

meowmix
08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
MG extreme's a good baseliner's racket. Very similar to the APD though... color too.

frankthetank
08-01-2008, 12:31 PM
I don't really want to get at net either. I feel really at home 3 feet behind the baseline.

Also, do you think that my semi-western to western grip could hold well on Head rackets? I heard their handle shape isn't conducive for such grips, but I could be wrong...

meowmix
08-01-2008, 12:37 PM
No head's either? I'm not sure about the conductivity of Head's grip shape to western grips...

You could try the Prince O3 Speedport Black. Or the TFight (or is it flash?) 310.

PED
08-01-2008, 12:37 PM
I've used the PST since last October with NO issues from the head or butt cap. Plus, the Bab has a one year warranty so if something goes wrong, send it back.

Do demo the PST first as its feel is kinda love it or hate it without much in the middle. Also, why not consider the microgel Prestige Pro. Specs are fairly similar as well.

fuzz nation
08-01-2008, 02:45 PM
You might also want to look into the Prince Speedport Tour.

Il Mostro
08-01-2008, 03:04 PM
T Fight 335 is a very nice racquet for baseliners.

hmwmai
08-01-2008, 03:32 PM
I would reccomend any head racket they're all have good feel

RoddickistheMan
08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
to be honest the aeropro drive is perfect...but since you want to be an individualist i would recommend the kpro or technifibre tflash 310 and the dunlop 300g

[d]ragon
08-01-2008, 05:02 PM
if u thought that ur nblade wasnt heavy enough and too headlight, try adding some lead to the 3/9. solves both problems

dak95_00
08-01-2008, 05:08 PM
:) :) Pog :) :)

slkbassist
08-01-2008, 05:39 PM
Your semi western to western grip should be fine on a head racquet. If you can demo a head, and see what you think.

It depends on heavy you want it, and how headlight you want it.

As for the racquet. Try a Head Radical. Bigger sweet spot than a M-fil200. This may be too light for you though, and if you don't want to customize with lead, Take a look at the head prestige pro. It is heavy...but it may be too head light for you.

Best thing is to find a racquet, that may be comfortable mostly, but then add a little lead to the hoop, to make it more head heavy...while still keeping it overall headlight.

J-lob
08-02-2008, 05:15 AM
y don't u just lead up your n-blade?????? try 2 points head light and a weight of 11.5-11.7 oz with some weight at 3 & 9 o'clock to make it more stable

auzzieizm
08-02-2008, 05:27 AM
Yonex RDS 001 MP. Good Spin, Good Control, Great from the baseline, Nice sized sweetspot, Good Touch. Didn't love it on serve, but for everything else it was solid.